Men carrying a purse or handbag

I think the murse (man-purse) phenomenon in North America is pretty conservative. Most of the time, if you do see a manpurse, it's of the Vuitton pochette gange type, sling around back small sac. I think it's great for going out for errands and the such.

http://www.insidemybag.com has a great set of man-bags sent in by a reader, scroll down and look at the labelled Louis Vuitton pictures. I think whomever sent it in definitely has style and taste !

My male colleague after seeing my range of designer bags (I carry a different one to office almost daily!) is now inspired to get one himself. :wlae: Before I go on further, I have to explain that he is a perfect "straight"; not a gay. He just finds it very cumbersome to carry his phone, key pouch, his breath fresher in his pocket. You know, these days guys are into drainpipe trousers too. He can wear them fashionably well.

Anyhow, going back to the topic of murse or bags for men. Does any one of you have any suggestion what a good murse for such a guy? Just to give you some ideas, he like the Mulberry range - that rustic yet classic looks. But, I thought he should have more options before plunging into a Mulberry. So, gals and guys among us bag lovers, I would love your suggestions! And if you have pic of male celebrities carrying these murses, can you kindly share them please? thanks a million. ;)

Nefy

I have nothing against it. Straight men shouldn't be looked down on for carrying bags. Just because it's a purse/murse doesn't mean it's not manly; a plain, worn leather bag is very masculine, and a lot of bag styles transcend gender, even, and look classy whether carried by a man or a woman.