Man-Made Material!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Recently purchased a Fossil Sydney tote made out of cow-hide trim and man-made material. Does anyone have more information about the man-made material they use? If it's PVC, do you consider it safe? I was hoping it was coasted canvas (made with less PVC, but I don't believe it is). I have always purchased genuine leather handbags. But this purse was adorable. Whenever I read man-made material I always think the worst. I know back in 2010, CEH investigated top retailors and found a crazy amount of lead in handbags.

2. Fossil too? Oh my...

3. I was a bit shocked when I got the bag. I purchased it off of Poshmark so the details aren't as descriptive as it would be on the actual store page. I'm a little disappointed.

4. I bet you are.. Not sure about poshmark, is it a reputable seller?

5. Poshmark is an app and it's great for purchasing and reselling.

6. I am stuck with a pair of cole haan sandals which were sold to me at the cole haan outlet as " leather" and cole haan website described them as " synthetic leather". What are they smoking???

7. No doubts then and it is not a counterfeit/replica... Sad.

8. Where do they get synthetic leather? From plastic dino at toys are us?

9. I don't trust Poshmark. Fakes are on there as well.

10. #10 Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016