Man Bags from BE

audball67

Dec 27, 2006
I don't know how I missed this before....(I think Magnus, is Jackie's SO, right?):

"Magnus is using his design nous to develop Belen Echandia's first range of male handbags, which are due out later this year. "

I wonder what they will look like!

^^

That is soooo cool. Too bad my SO is quite the sporty jock and not one to sport a "man bag". Still a great concept, but not sure how well it will go over in North America. Not that many fashionable guys where I am from unfortunately LOL

^^ Oh dear, good thing my husband is not a handbag kind of guy otherwise our (already severely compromised) discretionary spending budget would go all to hell!

Well, I keep thinking that if the style is just right, maybe *I* can get away with one and then sweetly say to DH, but you can use it too!

(*snort*...like that would work LOL!)

All this talk about a man bag makes me think of the FRIENDS episode where Joey has a man bag and everyone keeps referring it to it as a purse. LOL, love that episode :smile:

I read this too on the BE web site and forgot all about it ~ thanks for posting this as I too had wondered what my hubby might think about one. He would definitely go for a messenger bag to be hands-free to carry his laptop in its indestructable waterproof Pelican case (these cases are quite popular with the soldiers fighting in Iraq, which is an indicator of how tough they are, and equally unattractive). I would love for hubby to have a chic messenger bag...and if it is sturdy and can carry his goods, I think he would wear it!

As far as a smaller hand-held "man bag", I don't think he would carry one, even though he is quite handsome with a metro-sexual appeal.

When I first saw the title of this thread, 'man bags' conjured up the image of flabby male flesh - eewwwwww!!!! :yucky: I'm really going to have to stop watching "Extreme Makeover" on TV!!

Anyway, casting that image aside (though it's hard now that I've thought of it!), it's probably a good idea for youngish metrosexual men.
Quite a few city guys seem to wear messenger bags - maybe a laptop bag would be popular too.

However, I can definitely say that my DH would not be seen dead wearing anything like that at all! Carrying a computer bag perhaps, but no way regarding any other type of bag!!
I think he would have a few choice words to say on the matter! :lol:

:heart::love: Oh, the thought of seeing my man, in his Hugo Boss jeans, either a Paul Smith or Austin Reed shirt, black boots......oh, and a man bag......uuuhhh is making me go all hot and tingly!!! I prefer the smart, but a little rough look, know what I mean!! LOL!!! :drool: