Male Perfume Suggestion

my all time favourite would be (not in particular order) :
1. Dior - Sauvage
2. Chanel - Bleu de Chanel
3. Montblanc - Emblem
4. LV - Ombre Nomade
5. Jo Malone - Wood Sage & Sea Salt

all of them has the longevity except for the Jo Malonen (it's more of a cologne than a perfume)

hope this helps!

Reactions: RenStuart
I would not go with either Dior Sauvage or Chanel Bleu de Chanel. Way overrated and very very common. Sauvage, in particular, smells like chemicals to me. Of those five listed, Ombre Nomade is the one I think is by far the best.

• Love
Reactions: 880
op inoffensive unisex scent that is Both cuddly and Office appropriate IMO is FM Eau d’hiver,
but here are some other random thoughts
Frederic Malle (some of the scents IMO are unisex; I am a woman who likes to wear men’s scents on occasion). I haven’t bought as many fragrances recently and prefer vintage bc of IFRA restrictions

FM portrait of a lady
FM geranium pour monsieur
FM noir epices
FM vetiver (my FH wears this)
FM Eau d’hiver (IMO fantastic and also uncntroversial for both men and women)

ive been wearing Amouage lately and prefer their coffret or discovery set for mon over the womens version: lyric man is my favorite

a budget vintage buy that’s fantastic vintage are Caron Scents for men. . . And Karl Lagerfeld (the original of which I think must have been the inspiration for Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

a budget line that I think is highly underrated is Lalique. Encre Noire is a dark, bitter vetiver and inexpensive.

I used to think I loved SL and then belatedly decided I didn’t but perhaps SL AS ^ would work; not sure if fumerie turque et al are appropriate.

of the creeds, I think the most generic are Erolfa (reminds me of the old Davidoff cool water which I wore for years and SL BOis Sepia). I also like Indiana and himalaya as a unisex scent. The creed I wear is A decent of —- I’m having a senior moment and cannot remember. . .

there are some nice le Labo scents.

of sort of contemporary, I like Andy Tauer.

just got a discovery set of Baruti, they seem somewhat unisex. . .

I’m not exactly a fan of Hermes modern fragrance, though I recall vetiver tonka being popular. .

Reactions: papertiger
when I mentioned ‘generic’ fragrances above, I did not mean to do so in a disparaging way. I actually meant, easy to wear; not inclined to provoke strong reaction; somewhat mainstream but reasonably good quality.

this might be of interest (recommending Chanel egoiste (I loved the ad campaign for those of you that remember) and Terre d Hermes

and somewhat OT, I loved the old advertisements of Dior Sauvage
4F244E76-6E9F-4B5B-8CA3-6A736F40F5EF.jpeg

Last edited:
this might be of interest (recommending Chanel egoiste (I loved the ad campaign for those of you that remember) and Terre d Hermes

I loved the Egoiste ad campaign. I still have my two bottles of Egoiste from 1990. They're not completely empty yet.

Terre d'Hermes is terrible, though.

L'Eau d'Hiver from Frederic Malle is nice, but Musc Ravageur is better and, I think, even easier for a guy to wear.

• Love
Reactions: 880
I loved the Egoiste ad campaign. I still have my two bottles of Egoiste from 1990. They're not completely empty yet.

Terre d'Hermes is terrible, though.

L'Eau d'Hiver from Frederic Malle is nice, but Musc Ravageur is better and, I think, even easier for a guy to wear.
Yes, you’re right! I forgot about musc ravageur! I think Roucel is a genius!

i have a small vintage bottle of Egoiste left. Sometimes I wonder what I am saving these things for. Will wear tomorrow!

forgot to add, some people adore Guerlain Coriolan which was originally released in 1998, and, somewhat modernized and released in 2008? Under a different name l’ame d un heros . . . Citrus, aromatic, herbal, classic. I don’t recall it very well and somehow think I’m confusing my memory of it with an older Hermes scent equipage.

Last edited: