Maldives owners help!!

winnieepooh

Nov 29, 2009
Hi, I am so smitten with Maldives! Yes, I'm kinda slow in collecting colours...

Well, i would need some advice..

Is maldives prone to fading or yellowing? I will be totally freaked if it turns yellowish
Which design should I get: gsh day, gsh flat clutch or classic makeup

Thanks!

Hi there! I can't really comment on the fading issue except to say that my Maldives GSH Flat Clutch hasn't faded at all - but I don't wear it everyday. I like Maldives in the Flat Clutch - it's the perfect amount of color. I've attached a few pics, good luck!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00294-20101113-1301.jpg
    IMG00294-20101113-1301.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG00296-20101113-1303.jpg
    IMG00296-20101113-1303.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 977
Fashion - I love your Maldives! Such a pretty color!

Op - I can't speak for maldives but Ciel and Blue Layette were light colored blueish bals that came out about the same time as Maldives. I have these two leathers and both show signs of yellowing/fading.

I have a Maldives GSH work! I'm not sure if it's just me, but i kinda feel like its turning yellow. But all my friends said its not and its still the colour i love after like almost a year or almost daily used... its colour changes in different lighting... its gorgeous~

Do the Coin and Make-Up clutches yellow too? They sit inside a bag all day. What yellows them? Air or rubbing?

I have a Make-Up clutch and I'll let you know if mine yellows - I guess we'll have to accept that is what Maldives does...

Sadly yes, Maldives seems to yellow and fade like other light blues. One of my Maldives bags I bought second hand, it was used a fair bit before I got it, and it's definitely fading and yellowing. One that I bought new is fading very slightly also. That said, the overall effect is still of a great colour, if you don't examine the bags inch by inch.

I also have a Maldives MU, which hasn't faded yet, I'm keeping a close watch on it. It bugs me that these leathers are so unstable... Maldives also seems a bit dry and uneven in texture, goes from smooth to rough in the same piece...

Sadly yes, Maldives seems to yellow and fade like other light blues. One of my Maldives bags I bought second hand, it was used a fair bit before I got it, and it's definitely fading and yellowing. One that I bought new is fading very slightly also. That said, the overall effect is still of a great colour, if you don't examine the bags inch by inch.

I also have a Maldives MU, which hasn't faded yet, I'm keeping a close watch on it. It bugs me that these leathers are so unstable... Maldives also seems a bit dry and uneven in texture, goes from smooth to rough in the same piece...
I agree, most of the Maldives I have seen are pretty dry and uneven in texture, mine included. The lighter blues also do yellowed, my Sky Blue CP became a lot more dull when I first got it. Like Jayne1, I'm bewildered as to what actually causes the yellowing since I hardly take out my CP from my bag:confused1:

Hmmm....interesting! So does it mean even for similiar colours like Papeete, it will fade & yellow as well?

Papeete is also a bit suspect - my Papeete PT is definitely lightening a bit, and most annoyingly it is just the body of the bag - the 'sewn on' pocket and buckle bits of leather are still the original new color. So the bag looks very slightly two-tone. Not sure it would show up in a picture, but it's definitely happening.

Since I bought my Maldives second-hand, I did my usual cleaning, even though it didn't need it. That means I used Apple cleaner (absolutely no colour loss or I would not have continued with the cleaning... ) and then I conditioned it. My clutch seems pretty soft. Has anyone else conditioned theirs? It seems to be a good idea - or in my case, it certainly didn't hurt...

I was lucky enough to find a Maldives GSH City brand new (last month) & a new Papeete GSH PT & Papeete GSH CP ( a few months ago).
I treat all my bags before use. But I did find these 3 & my Blue Roi RGGH PT were definitely drier than my other bags. So I conditioned them with Apple conditioner first, then used my LMB kit:
- FHO
- Botanical Silk Miracle Shield
- New Shine Restore - on the corners
[FONT=&quot] -
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]and finish with Waproo Waterproofer (this product is from Australia) and it evaporates immediately without leaving any residue and doesn't darken leather; it was recommended by another member & I love it!!!

I rotate my bags regularly so I hope all will be ok. But as Maldives & Papeete are green based colours, a little yellowing isn't really going to worry me!

Has anyone tried using LMB 'Colour Enhancing' ? to see if it removes the yellowing?.....or should we be using it to help prevent it from yellowing?

[/FONT]