Malachite: goes with, clashes with

bobkat1991

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
The title puts my question pretty well. I'm considering a malachite bag. I'm fairly certain that it would clash with olive green clothing. But how about forest green? Any ideas for good matches, and horrible matches? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

In nature all greens work together but possibly I'd be a bit careful putting it close to other yellower-muted/pastel/'straight' greens.

I personally think it will go with all sorts of reds in interesting ways (thinking my Act II Rouge/Vert/Mauve - image h.com) the blue-greenness tinge to the malachite with the orange-red keeps it from shouting Christmas but think about Malachite with Rouge H, wine or soft brown-red and I think it will look sensational.

003228S+04_thumbnail_20.jpg

I wear my malachite with most everything in my wardrobe. I distinctly remember changing my pink dress (like magnolia pink) though when I was going to take my malachite purse with me. It is one combo that did not work for me.
Otherwise it works well green on green and with blacks and blues which is my usual color palette.

Greens can work well together; in the "Great Expectations" film Gwyneth's character wears only green.
Malachite is a jewel tone so will look good with most neutrals and with other jewel tones like dark red/bordeaux, dark blue, etc. I think it will also look good with pinks as it has some brightness in it...might be a toss up there.
I would be wary of purple because The Joker, and of bright clean reds because Christmas.

My wardrobe is mostly black, greys, camels/honey and white which makes it easy to use my malachite bags. I am not an adventurous dresser so I would defer to other posters regarding malachite coordinating with dominant colors like reds or purples. I also find that malachite, like all colors, expresses itself differently depending on the leather/skin and that has influenced how I use my malachite bags with certain clothes, too. But, that’s a fussy detail that really only tells you that I need to get a hobby. :smile:

The title puts my question pretty well. I'm considering a malachite bag. I'm fairly certain that it would clash with olive green clothing. But how about forest green? Any ideas for good matches, and horrible matches? Thanks in advance for your opinions!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin @Bobkat1991, Maybe this pin interest post will help you make your decision. It's one of my fav pininterest posts that I stumbled on about best colors to wear and what goes well with what.
"Going Green
Like all colours, green comes in warm and cool versions, and it’s one of the colours that really matter about the warmth or coolness and your colouring. The right green will make you look great, the wrong one, really sickly. So it’s important you can figure out if your best green is warm or cool.

Greens that are warm have a yellowish undertone – they extend all the way around the yellow-greens. Cool greens look bluish and extend into the turquoise and teal shades.

Most likely, if you have an olive green eye (or hazel eye) you will suit the warm shades of green. All other shades of eyes may be warm or cool, you need to figure that out based on your skin-tone. But green is a great colour to use to see if you are warm or cool. Take an olive type green (warm) and a more forrest green (cool) and see which suits you best.
''

/240731542556255572/
An H color which hasn't been around for maybe 15 years (to my knowledge) is canopy that would look good with olive. English green, another H color which was done maybe 5 years ago is a dark green which also looks good with olive. These are dark greens and blend with olive which is also dark.
Being a fan of sea green, i.e., the darker greens next to the aquas in the bottom, IMO, sea green is more difficult than olive to find coordinating clothes and accessories, i.e., H scarves. I'm not going to say you shouldn't wear a malachite bag with olive clothing b/c I would like to have a malachite bag and if I did, I wouldn't care how well it coordinated. I would lump malachite in the same cool category as sea green. Olive is a nice foil for yellows, oranges and some fuschias. I have an HS with bright orangey reds and sea green -- I've seen those colors paired outside of H stuff. And sea green can look good with bright yellow, soft aquas and soft pale pinks. That's my experience. There is an HS, La Vie du Grand Nord (I'm sure you have this print) that comes in teals, some sea green and purple. I have this scarf and the purple, which photographs as a reddish purple below is actually a royal or amethyst deep purple, fyi.

images

images

images
images

Last edited:
Greens can work well together; in the "Great Expectations" film Gwyneth's character wears only green.
Malachite is a jewel tone so will look good with most neutrals and with other jewel tones like dark red/bordeaux, dark blue, etc. I think it will also look good with pinks as it has some brightness in it...might be a toss up there.
I would be wary of purple because The Joker, and of bright clean reds because Christmas.
The scarf, Sangles de Phoebus, in bright slightly orangey reds and sea greens (similar to malachite) does look a little Christmasy, but with a sea green jacket & top, the festive nature of the cw is not as evident.

s-l1600.jpg