Making New Pet Comfortable

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Hi everyone! I just got a teeny tiny chihuahua puppy and I need some tips on making her relax and comfortable. She is a sweet puppy, very well behaved. She was the runt of the litter, so she is teeny tiny and will only be about 3 lbs full grown. She has a comfortable crate lined with baby blankets and towels, as well as all of her food, water, etc. We talk to her in soft voices and pet her/pick her up, and she's completely fine. But I think she misses her biological mom, dad, and 500 brothers and sisters. (All the other puppies of the litter were present and playing together when we bought her.) We bought her by herself, so she isn't really going to have a puppy playmate, just me and my family. We are very nice to her, and are trying as best we can to make her comfortable. But she is kind of shaky, and nervous. I'm hoping she gets very relaxed and even starts barking in a few days. Any advice?​

She is three months old, but it's her first time away from her biological sibling puppies and her mommy and daddy dogs. We bought her by herself, so I imagine being away from her puppy family is very hard.

I'm sure it is more about being in a new place with all new people and smells than missing her siblings. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Just make her feel safe and loved. And please post some pics. LOL

Also I would take her to the vet right away to make sure she is healthy unless she has papers saying she has been examined recently. I would probably take her to my vet anyway just for the introduction.

I do think she is apprehensive about her new surroundings but I also think she is probably missing her littermates. I would imagine having warm puppy bodies with beating hearts to snuggle up to was comforting.

She should adjust.

Please post pictures. We all love to oooh and ahhhh over baby animals.

Aww so sweet. But makes me worry too
I have a new pet coming in April and she's currently staying with her parents/siblings .

Would like to share the pictures with all pets lovers .

image-3573820097.jpg

Attachments

• image-2358403550.jpg
    image-2358403550.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 96
I brought my pup home at 7 weeks and although I wouldn't call her apprehensive, she didn't immediately warm up to me. She explored her new surroundings for a bit and slept a lot (mostly on my chest when it wasn't night time, then she was in her crate). How much are you home with your pup? PS, trust me, you do NOT want your puppy to start barking.

give her some time..
the place it new, you guys are new to her.. she will be fine in about a week or so
but yea, being away from her is stressful, she will eventually forget all about it..
she will be fine and you'll see it when she will search for the food on her own and when you'll step on some pee, lol. make sure she can always have access to water.