Making my Mauve Bal Work Work

asherzoby

Dec 5, 2012
Ok, so I fell head over heels with the Mauve Bal and decided to purchase it despite my head screaming "NOOO how are you going to match that bag?!"

And now, i have with me this beautiful light purple bag which yes, i just can't match!

I work in a company that allows casual wear (thankfully!) but still, i can't seem to make it work. So far, i've tried the bag with my dusty pink top and grey jeans. And a pastel light turquoise top (which did not go too well imho).

I am stuck!

For those ladies with these gorgeous purple / pastel bags, how does it work?! Grateful for any pictures of you girls working that mauve /purple / pastel bags.

Am i doomed to resell this bag?

Attachments

• .3.png
    .3.png
    658.8 KB · Views: 428
I'd wear it with jeans of any colour (from grey, blues to black), and pair it with a top of a neutral or dark/understated colour (whites/blacks, dark blue, dark violet etc). Mauve will go pretty well with pastels, imo - like a white shirt with mint green shorts. I think the key is to let the bag stand out because it's such a unique colour. I own a Violet and it goes with everything! If you let your bag be part of the outfit, matching it will come naturally.

Don't sell the bag - I've seen the colour irl on another girl and it's a beauty!

I agree with riiche....let the bag stand out! It is gorgeous! :loveeyes:

If you feel odd that it stands out, try finding another accessory that is along the same color line and wear it also...this might help make you feel more put together. Maybe a scarf, bracelet, necklace, shoes...with some color. Maybe even some light purple nail polish?

OR....put a charm, scarf...or some type of fob on your bag that will help it match you.

This is just my opinion, but I don't feel a bag needs to match the carrier. As long as what you are wearing looks nicely put together, your bag is just an extension, all its own, of your taste and individuality. :hbeat:

I would also do some research online...in Images....with this particular bag and see what other women are wearing with it.

If you believe you can rock this bag...you can! It's that simple!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

I will do a white top with gray slacks/jeans. Mauve also goes with sky blue and mint color. I remember Maice's picture with a blue coat. It looks really nice.

I will do a white top with gray slacks/jeans. Mauve also goes with sky blue and mint color. I remember Maice's picture with a blue coat. It looks really nice.

Thank you, Catash! :biggrin:

Here are some pics of me wearing my Mauve City. The first one is of me wearing the coat Catash mentioned, and the second one is of me carrying it with a grey top. I usually wear neutral colored tops/coats/dresses (black, grey, brown, white) so Mauve goes well with my clothes. I do have colored tops/coats/dresses, and some of them go well with Mauve too like the blue coat, and some pastels.

Attachments

• WP_20140411_013 resized.jpg
    WP_20140411_013 resized.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 34_Balenciaga cropped.jpg
    34_Balenciaga cropped.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 307
Thank you, Catash! :biggrin:

Here are some pics of me wearing my Mauve City. The first one is of me wearing the coat Catash mentioned, and the second one is of me carrying it with a grey top. I usually wear neutral colored tops/coats/dresses (black, grey, brown, white) so Mauve goes well with my clothes. I do have colored tops/coats/dresses, and some of them go well with Mauve too like the blue coat, and some pastels.

Hi Maice you rock the bag! I like both outfits! :smile:

thanks ladies! i have on my nails now some pale purple nail polish!!

Am also wearing a white top, and a stripey purplely-grey blue dress and silver shoes. With of course my mauve bag!

i trawled through images for the mauve work bag but limited pictures!

and i am defintely going shopping soon for some mauve accessories so its easier to look put togehte rthan resorting to wearing purple / blue outfits!

I agree with all of the above recommendations. For outfit inspirations, perhaps you can browse polyvore.com I did use the site to have an idea on pairing my light olive First. Search under SETS, and key in mauve handbag or mauve balenciaga... all outfits containing mauve handbags will appear.

I have a mauve day and I wear it with the following items:

Black top with jeans (It's the pop of color) or all black.
Charcoal grey (again its the pop of color)
Navy (looks GREAT with my navy clothes, and again its the pop of color :biggrin:)

thanks ladies! i have on my nails now some pale purple nail polish!!

Am also wearing a white top, and a stripey purplely-grey blue dress and silver shoes. With of course my mauve bag!

i trawled through images for the mauve work bag but limited pictures!

and i am defintely going shopping soon for some mauve accessories so its easier to look put togehte rthan resorting to wearing purple / blue outfits!
Yay!! Have fun shopping!! :lol:

Ooooh I love Mauve! It looks great with the outfits you wore, but I'm the type of person that doesn't care if the bag matches your outfit or not... after all, if you're spending that much on a bag, you just have to make it work!