Making my first juicy couture jacket purchase - need sizing help!

reyrey

O.G.
Nov 15, 2006
I'm looking to purchase a juicy couture jacket - i'm normally an XS in Mike and Chris and XS in SWORD jackets. I was thinking i'd be a 'P' in juicy couture although the shopbop CS suggested i get a size S? do they really run that small? I'd like the jacket to be fitted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :yes:

Juicy jackets sizing is all over the place. I have two velour jackets, one in XL and one in L. The L is too small even though I usually wear a medium or even a small in other brands.

I have another Juicy jacket, of a sweatshirt-like material, that is an L and fits just fine. My last Juicy jacket is a longer velour jacket with a wide band on the bottom, and it's a S - and it even fits kind of large. Go figure...

The original jackets probably run small... Would you be able to get both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit?

I find that Juicy Couture runs true to size. I would buy a Petite, especially if you want it to be fitted.
I wear a size small in their jackets, I own like 25 of them, but I go for a size Petite if I want it to be fitted.

Thanks for all the advice gals :smile: I ended up purchasing this jacket in a size S after all
jc2.jpg
https://www.shopbop.com/hooded-leat...D=2534374302066314&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize

after talking to shopbop who suggested i get size S, as well as an online nordstrom rep and an online neiman marcus rep -- all said to get a size S. i even gave the neiman marcus rep my measurements who said i was a P in bust and hip but an S in waist size... :wtf:

but i think the crucial factor in my decision was that i had the last size S in my cart! at least i will be able to exchange it to a P (hopefully they will have some left) if i find it too big... /sigh...

now i'm experiencing a wee bit of buyers remorse... but i thought this jacket was too cute to pass up and with the shopbop code - was to hard to resist! :P

Thanks for all the advice gals :smile: I ended up purchasing this jacket in a size S after all
jc2.jpg

after talking to shopbop who suggested i get size S, as well as an online nordstrom rep and an online neiman marcus rep -- all said to get a size S. i even gave the neiman marcus rep my measurements who said i was a P in bust and hip but an S in waist size... :wtf:

but i think the crucial factor in my decision was that i had the last size S in my cart! at least i will be able to exchange it to a P (hopefully they will have some left) if i find it too big... /sigh...

now i'm experiencing a wee bit of buyers remorse... but i thought this jacket was too cute to pass up and with the shopbop code - was to hard to resist! :P

OOO! What code? Very cute!

myday08 - good til midnight. neiman marcus also stock this jacket - though i think it is on preorder only. the jacket on the model on the neimanmarcus website looks less fitted than on the shopbop model - and i figure i can deal with it :smile: i also retook my measurements again and my waist is like 3.5" over what the 'P' sizing is on the juicy couture website.

is the sizing on that website accurate at all i wonder?

hubby and i are trying for a baby as well - so i figure i'll at least be able to wear this jacket for the first half of the pregnancy if its too big! gah! here i go making contingency plans if it doesn't fit!

myday08 - good til midnight. neiman marcus also stock this jacket - though i think it is on preorder only. the jacket on the model on the neimanmarcus website looks less fitted than on the shopbop model - and i figure i can deal with it :smile: i also retook my measurements again and my waist is like 3.5" over what the 'P' sizing is on the juicy couture website.

is the sizing on that website accurate at all i wonder?

hubby and i are trying for a baby as well - so i figure i'll at least be able to wear this jacket for the first half of the pregnancy if its too big! gah! here i go making contingency plans if it doesn't fit!

How funny, I bought that exact same jacket with the code yesterday! Only I bought mine in a size P. I'm an XS in SWORD jackets as well.

Depending on how you like your jackets, either a P or S will work -- my closet is practically a Juicy Couture showroom and I have found that most of their clothes run true-to-size, so I wear P. I can wear a small but it is not as fitted. It's not a huge difference so I don't think the jacket will fall off of you or anything like that; to give you an indication of the difference, I can't wear any long-sleeve shirts with my P jackets since they are so form-fitting but I could with jackets in a S. Hope that helps!

How funny, I bought that exact same jacket with the code yesterday! Only I bought mine in a size P. I'm an XS in SWORD jackets as well.

Depending on how you like your jackets, either a P or S will work -- my closet is practically a Juicy Couture showroom and I have found that most of their clothes run true-to-size, so I wear P. I can wear a small but it is not as fitted. It's not a huge difference so I don't think the jacket will fall off of you or anything like that; to give you an indication of the difference, I can't wear any long-sleeve shirts with my P jackets since they are so form-fitting but I could with jackets in a S. Hope that helps!

Aye it does actually make me feel a better for ordering an S :tup:

Its coming up to winter here so I was planning to wear it over long sleeve turtlenecks and knit dresses. then hopefully will still be able to wear it come springtime! This is seriously my last leather jacket purchase - i have too many in rotation now!

Their sizes def run smaller. Its always etter to ge a bigger size because the underarm part can get tight and annoying. Every type of item is different long sleeve and short sleeves fit differently. Btw I really like that jacket.