Arts & Crafts Making a movie with a Canon Powershot SD750 digital camera?

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
In White Noise and on Whitewater
Hey guys,

I have been tasked with a 3-minute video for the annual Christmas Party at my company with 2 other co-workers. We are competing with others with this project. We have been trying to get filmmakers, amateur or pro, to film us (as rules allowed that), but have been way out of luck. If it comes down to it, I may have to film the two and alter the script I wrote. I merely have a Canon Powershot SD750 and have only taken pics with it. I have played with the film settings, including the different movie modes, but I wonder anyone else's experiences with making a short film using a "regular" digital camera? How did it turn out and what settings did you use to make it look as pro as possible?

truegem

O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
I have this camera too but have never tried to do anything that looks professional. I mostly just use it to do quick videos of my kids. No one in the group has a video camera? I would think a home video camera would be better than your camera just because that it is its primary purpose so you may have more options. I am guessing here but I would suggest putting it on the highest frame rate and picture quality. I do see the camera has some color enhancement modes as well like black & white, sepia. It really depends on what "look" you are trying to achieve.

What video editing software would you be using?

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
In White Noise and on Whitewater
^ No, unfortunately no one has a digital camcorder or anything that more highly specializes in video recording. We tried getting one girl's yoga camera men to do it and asked around schools and churches that we participated in, but with such short notice (2 weeks of planning with our busy schedules, half a week for practice and editing the script and now just 1 1/2 weeks left to film and edit and burn the video on DVD), everyone else is either too busy to coordinate with our own schedules, has only VHS cameras from the 90s, or cannot lend equipment to non-faculty members.

Yeah, I would prob use standard a lot and maybe the color accent one to emphasize some parts.

That was what I was thinking in terms of the frame rate and resolution as well.

I will be using Windows Movie Maker.

Last edited: