Makeup when sick?

chloenyc

Jan 22, 2008
Is it okay to use makeup when you are sick? I have a sore throat/ dry cough and I am not sure if I will contaminate my makeup. I heard that having a viral and bacterial sickness will have different consequences. Thanks!

I have worn make up while sick, but I am careful about it. I usually skip lipsticks and glosses, or I use a very clean hand and dip from gloss a pot making sure never to double dip. Better yet, I grab a Burt's Bees Lip Balm and be done with it.

I seldom get sick, so when I do, hell breaks loose. Absolutely no makeup or doing hair during those days! Also, not changing out of my pajamas if I can help it.

I avoid eye makeup. I might use a little concealer and some blush but make sure not to contaminate it, so I use disposable applicators if I am sick. I don't use lip gloss, usually just some vaseline on my lips.

I never thought about this either - the only time I wouldn't wear makeup when I'm sick is if I have a bad cold and keep blowing my nose - if that's the case I figure I will have wiped the makeup off before long and there isn't much point!

I tried googling it but couldn't find any results.

Anyhow, I think cold germs can only last so long outside of the human body before they die (they can't just live and feed off your makeup forever). I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Now sharing makeup with OTHER people, even when you're not sick, is what you should be worried about.