Makeup when sick?

chloenyc

Jan 22, 2008
NYC
Is it okay to use makeup when you are sick? I have a sore throat/ dry cough and I am not sure if I will contaminate my makeup. I heard that having a viral and bacterial sickness will have different consequences. Thanks!

MissTiss

Shopping Issues
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
tPF rocks my stripey socks!
I have worn make up while sick, but I am careful about it. I usually skip lipsticks and glosses, or I use a very clean hand and dip from gloss a pot making sure never to double dip. Better yet, I grab a Burt's Bees Lip Balm and be done with it.

illinirdhd

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It's probably not recommended, but if I feel well enough to leave the house, I use my makeup. I never want to look sicker than I feel, KWIM?

missmustard

Prima Donna Assoluta
O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
Monterrey, Mexico
I seldom get sick, so when I do, hell breaks loose. Absolutely no makeup or doing hair during those days! Also, not changing out of my pajamas if I can help it.

Jan 28, 2007
I avoid eye makeup. I might use a little concealer and some blush but make sure not to contaminate it, so I use disposable applicators if I am sick. I don't use lip gloss, usually just some vaseline on my lips.

lv-lover

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Oh my, I never thought about this! I always use makeup when I'm sick. It makes me feel a little better when I look nice.

grammyr

Grandma
Aug 26, 2008
New York
I think it's good to be careful with lip products- use a q-tip and don't double dip, but as far as mu goes the only time to avoid it is with pink eye!

VuittonsLover

Cartier Crazy
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
NJ/NYC
i would avoid eye and lip make-up. I am not sure if you could infect it. But you should try and be as careful as possible... when you have germs in your system.

Kathrin

Oct 22, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I never thought about this either - the only time I wouldn't wear makeup when I'm sick is if I have a bad cold and keep blowing my nose - if that's the case I figure I will have wiped the makeup off before long and there isn't much point!

missisa07

O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
I tried googling it but couldn't find any results.

Anyhow, I think cold germs can only last so long outside of the human body before they die (they can't just live and feed off your makeup forever). I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Now sharing makeup with OTHER people, even when you're not sick, is what you should be worried about.