Makeup Buying UK

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Hey everyone!

We don't have Sephora or Ulta here (no Sephora in Scotland, Ulta nowhere), so I'm wondering where the best place is to buy makeup that isn't drugstore brand. I don't want to spend a ton but like the option of looking through different brands all at once, like Sephora.

I am pale skinned so it's hard for me to buy online since I always need the lightest color foundation/concealer, and with some brands that's still too dark on me.

TIA!

I would check out the Korean beauty brands. Many of the brands have international shipping and there are a bunch of K-beauty online shops that ship international as well, like Jolse. They are sort of comparable to drug store brands in price, but frankly many of the products beat out a lot of the things I buy from Sephora & Ulta. And, most of it is developed with pale skin in mind. I'm pale also (and freckled) and have a lot better luck finding things that work for my skin tone in Korean brands.

Someone at Ulta told me this a long time ago and I totally forgot about it! She said the US formulations are just too pink for pale-skinned people and the asian formulations were more yellowy which worked better on pale skin since we tend to be redder.

I would check out the Korean beauty brands. Many of the brands have international shipping and there are a bunch of K-beauty online shops that ship international as well, like Jolse. They are sort of comparable to drug store brands in price, but frankly many of the products beat out a lot of the things I buy from Sephora & Ulta. And, most of it is developed with pale skin in mind. I'm pale also (and freckled) and have a lot better luck finding things that work for my skin tone in Korean brands.

Someone at Ulta told me this a long time ago and I totally forgot about it! She said the US formulations are just too pink for pale-skinned people and the asian formulations were more yellowy which worked better on pale skin since we tend to be redder.
Yes! Most Asian foundations I've tried have a yellow or gray cast (both of which I like and have gotten compliments on). US "pale" foundations usually make me look really red or flat out orange. :/ Its rare that I try a Korean BB cream, CC cream or foundation in a pale shade that doesn't work for me. And I'm a pale white girl with uneven skin tone and a lot of redness and freckles. So its definitely not just for Asian skin tones (which are as varied as anyone else.). One thing is that a dewy complexion is still really popular here, so if you like Matte complexion you have to be more attentive to what you select. (I like dewy though, which makes me go a bit crazy trying new products. lol)

Wearing Hera's UV Mist Cushion today:
20160715_165533.jpg

Reactions: aeraono
Gorgeous! I will definitelt look into this!!

Yes! Most Asian foundations I've tried have a yellow or gray cast (both of which I like and have gotten compliments on). US "pale" foundations usually make me look really red or flat out orange. :/ Its rare that I try a Korean BB cream, CC cream or foundation in a pale shade that doesn't work for me. And I'm a pale white girl with uneven skin tone and a lot of redness and freckles. So its definitely not just for Asian skin tones (which are as varied as anyone else.). One thing is that a dewy complexion is still really popular here, so if you like Matte complexion you have to be more attentive to what you select. (I like dewy though, which makes me go a bit crazy trying new products. lol)

Wearing Hera's UV Mist Cushion today:
20160715_165533.jpg