makeup brushes....

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Do you think the quality of a makeup brush matters,or really affects the way the makeup is applied??
    Do you think any brush will do?

2. the quality of a make-up brush depends on the type of hair its made from (squirrel, fox synthetic or whatever). it does affect the way make-up is applied, and only insist on the best make-up brushes. i recommend shu uemura, MAC and Bobbi Brown

3. I can't live with out my mac brushes. :smile:

4. I have a few Bobbi Brown's, the bristles are so soft.

5. Say the bobbi brown are gorg.. There products are fab.

6. I have a few Chanel brushes and a shiseido brush :smile:...but i never use them ;op cause i don't wear makeup. They're supposed to help the pigment go on more smoothly though.

7. Good make up brushes make a big difference. I have a huge Chanel brush I have had for years that has just been amazing. I really like the quality and durability of Bobbi Brown brushes too.

8. Definitely makes a difference. I have a couple Chanel brushes, they are sable.

I got a Bare Esscentuals brush last week that I will be returning because it sheds like a cat in springtime.

9. It does matter because I have had the experience before. When I was 1st into makeup I bought a ~$5 powder brush and it was very difficult to apply powder evenly and with another ~$5 eye shadow brush, it felt like running the wall-painting brush over cement (am I going too far, LOL)!

I like Skin Colour de La Mer foundation and powder brush especially the powder since it has 2 steps so I get more control out of it and it's not that expensive anyway (~$60 only very little more than MAC brushes).

10. I just bought a travel LM kit.

11. I have the full set of Bobbi Brown brushes...bought four or five years ago...still look brand new. Makes a huge difference, IMO.

12. Having the right tools help so much, so yes, I think brushes make such a difference. I like my Chanel brushes the best, followed by MAC.

13. I just ordered La Mer powder and brush from Neiman Marcus and I can't wait to try it! I'm supposed to get it early next week.

Douglas Parfumerie (they have a couple stores in CT and lots in Europe) used to have a great line of brushes. I have one of theirs from many years ago and it's still in great condition after almost daily usage. I recall them being a little less expensive than the Chanel brushes I have which are also great. I have tried cheap brushes (but still with natural bristles) in the past and have never been happy.

14. I am a former makeup artist with over 20 years of experience in the field. The Paul Sebastian brushes I purchased in 1985 are still going strong. Sable bristles. They cost quite a bit back then but they were well worth it, and yes the quality of the brush does effect the application.:graucho:

15. Love my Shu Uemura brushes - I have 5 of them (don't wear a ton of makeup), and they're fabulous! I got my mother some Trish McEvoy, and I believe she's happy with those as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice