Makeup Brushes !!

My favorite go to brushes are from NARS. I also have a mixture of Trish McEvoy, Smashbox, Chanel, MAC and some Ulta professional..
I mostly use my NARS, Trish McEvoy and Smashbox though.

I have some MAC that I use quite a bit, but I also have some that I bought at Nordstrom in a five pack for super cheap. I guess it depends what look you are trying to achieve. I don't believe that expensive brushes are the only one's that work best. At least from my personal experience anyway.

^^^

me too. i have 10 travel MAC brushes that i got from 2 Nordstrom sets. someone said the quality isn't as good but they work for me. i do notice i have to clean them more often than my normal MAC ones.

i just got some face brushes from Sigma.

^^^

someone said the quality isn't as good but they work for me. i do notice i have to clean them more often than my normal MAC ones.

I know I am one person that said that. I want to add though, that by NO means does that mean I don't think they are good. I DO like them, but I can tell a difference is all ;).

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask here if anyone can recommend an overall face brush? I'm looking to replace my ANCIENT Maybelline face brush (it's scratchy and it smells when I clean it). I use it to mainly put on highlighter (right now, Smashbox Masquerade...forgot rest of name right now). I'm looking at the Too Faced Kabuki, but was wondering if there were any other suggestions. Thanks!

Like a powder brush? I LOVE sonia kashuk's powder/blush brush (the biggest one). It's incredibly soft.

If your'e looking for a more dense, buffing brush, I'd suggest ecotool's bronzing brush (the one with the fat handle). It's fantastic.

Like a powder brush? I LOVE sonia kashuk's powder/blush brush (the biggest one). It's incredibly soft.

If your'e looking for a more dense, buffing brush, I'd suggest ecotool's bronzing brush (the one with the fat handle). It's fantastic.

Yes! I absolutely love this brush. I really need to go out and buy another one, just because. I love it for applying loose powder, MAC MSFN, powder foundation.

totally depends on the brush. I have expensive brushes (mac), less expensive (sephora) and really cheap drugstore brushes and I love and need all of them. My highlighter-brush for example is a drugstore brush for 2€ (1,5$), it's the softest brush I have ever touched I prefer it to most "powder" brushes by mac. most of my eye-brushes are on the more expensive side as "cheaper" brands don't make them that good. The sponges I use I buy online in bulks as I don't see why I should pay for a "name" on it when I toss a sponge after a few uses

I am really shocked but I LOVE the KAT VON D brush set! I have MAC brushes, but use the Kat ones all the time. They got almost 5 stars at Sephora. They must have just sold out, but if you find them, go for it.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P211911&categoryId=RPYMAL&shouldPaginate=true

I also recently got this and so far it is the best foundation brush I have ever had. It really gives you an airbrushed look. really easy to use too.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231115&categoryId=S4600&shouldPaginate=true

I had the Sonia Kashuk's brush years ago...but I gave it to my sister. I was just looking at the Smashbox #19 brush last night, then I read the reviews about how much black dye it bleeds when washed, so I'll look into the Ecotool's one now.

GingerSnap527 I make this recommendation seeing you asked about a kabuki in particular, so I want to say I LOVE the MUFE kabuki. It feels like velvet on my face.