Makeup Brushes !!

Former I'm get used to take brand make-up brushes and always look down those low price brushes,with bias on their quality and material,anyway,it's our most used device and company,yet recently I tried some no-named brushes, seems no big difference from before,did you have the same sense on this ?

Former I'm get used to take brand make-up brushes and always look down those low price brushes,with bias on their quality and material,anyway,it's our most used device and company,yet recently I tried some no-named brushes, seems no big difference from before,did you have the same sense on this ?

I use to think they dont but have recently changed my mind. I've only had one set of Bobbi Brown for pretty much the past few years and never thought about upgrading or changing but recently as I am learning new techniques on how to do makeup. I've realized that it does matter - softness, shedding, maintaining shape, range of color, picking up pigment, etc.

I work as a freelance make-up artist and I have everything in my kit from a $250 vintage Oversized Powder pouffe brush, an almost complete MAC brush collection right down to carrying $2 paintbrushes I get a local art supplies shop, and I have used everything from my bare hands to toothbrushes to butter knifes to to apply make-up to clients and my self.

I agree most high end brush brands aren't worth the money but some are, it's all a matter of shopping around and practising with the brushes you get and looking after them properly (shampoo/ conditioner/brush cleaner)

Also do your research, and look at make-up schools and pro supply stores they often sell the big designer brushes (unbranded) for a fraction of the cost.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you use, it's the end result that matters and I think playing around with all sorts of tools is the best way to go

Yes! I got my first Hakuhodo blush brush. I love it. Got to invest in more of these brushes. I have MAC, some Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, Shiseido, Kevyn Aucoin, Sigma, and Guerlain, and of course Chanel.

I used to not care but lately have turned into a bit of a brush snob. For me the biggest different between the cheap and the expensive ones is how well they wash. Often I'll find cheap brushes that are great and then I'll wash them and they'll fall apart or lose their softness.

I looovvveee Real Techniques brushes! They are so affordable and so good. Haven't found one yet that I didn't fall in love with. I have my makeup done by MUAs a lot for work and I've never seen a MUA without at least a few Real Techniques brushes.

I am a fan of Hakuhodo brushes... I have used their lip brush,powder brush, blush brush
& kabuki brushes.

I have also used the Tom Ford foundation brush which is also madeby Hakuhodo.

These brushes are top quality & will last a very long time with proper care.

That's what I heard. Hakuhodo makes Tom Ford brushes. I have the Tom Ford cream foundation brush. I used it with the Tom Ford stick foundation. Really goes well with it.

If you use a liquid foundation, the TF brush is great...

Also,if you are interested the original beauty blender sponge is a great
makeup tool to have as well... especially for concealer around the eye area

I have the basic MAC brushes-over 10 years old. I recently started replacing my eyeshadow brushes because I'm getting older and I now prefer super soft brushes. I picked up two Tom Ford brushes (cheek and eyeshadow) love them both but I now plan to add a few Hakuhodo brushes.

I have the basic MAC brushes-over 10 years old. I recently started replacing my eyeshadow brushes because I'm getting older and I now prefer super soft brushes. I picked up two Tom Ford brushes (cheek and eyeshadow) love them both but I now plan to add a few Hakuhodo brushes.

I can't say enough about the Hakuhodo brushes... well worth the money