MakeUp Bag Dilemma

Melisande R.

Urban Archaeologist
Feb 20, 2007
So sorry if this has been discussed to death, but...

I need something bigger than a coin purse. Are they still making the Make Up clutch or is everything that pencil case shaped makeup bag? I've been out of touch with this forum for some time but I desperately need something more the size of an LV pochette. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a pochette (murakami) but I'm not a total LV fan - I just want something durable and the right size.

Couple of years ago, I spent some time looking on eBay and everywhere else for a couple of different colors of MU bag - no luck.

Is Bal making something else I could use? The pencil case style doesn't appeal to me as much (can't say why) but I could be convinced by color. I'm not finding many colors on the Balenciaga website or Barney's. Are these items really hard to come by?

Will Spring inventory ease this problem? Show me your MU bags and tell me about the new "pencil" shape.

Also...what's papier?

Thanks, MissFluffyCat. I'm pondering that one. I guess I'm hoping that some of the new Spring colors will appear and that the MU's won't all sell out by the time I get to Balenciaga or Barney's in person (they're over an hour away from me). I do like green, but for some reason, was picturing blue or violet or pink - or a neutral. The Granny green would go with my four main bags, I think.

This may not be the time to be picky, is what I'm learning.

I say give the stores a ring and ask! Because in the past I realised, even though Bal doesn't have any MUs listed on the Bal website, when I communicated with stores, they actually did have them. No harm trying!

There is a black one on Neiman's website (or there was earlier today). I know you don't really want black, but if you call Neiman's maybe they can check the inventory for others. I have found that the department stores don't carry many accessories, though.

Thanks, guys. I should probably figure out what color I want and just go on a quest for it. Will be fun. (Off to peruse the Spring colors thread - there's gotta be something out there just for me).

Hi...go into the Bal Style Reference Thread....look at the '06-'07 small Toilet Bag. I own one myself and the small one is the perfect size to use as a makeup bag. The larger size is good for travelling. It's lining even lends itself more as a cosmetic (makeup) bag as it some sort of nylon rather than the cotton you find in other Bal cases. The nylon is much easier to clean makeup stains and powder residue.
The toilet bag comes around for sale every now and then on Bonanza or eBay.
Hope this helps you.