Makeover my hair! (please!)

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away seven more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is me, 5 minutes ago...
    [​IMG]

I've had bleached blonde hair, brown hair, red hair and black hair.
    Red was what I usually had, but I was bored with that, so I dyed it to a dark brown, seen here...
    [​IMG]

That faded into the weird red-brown I have now.
    I've also been growing my hair out, and I really want it to stay long, or at least long-ish. I'm growing it out from the short cut i had forever, seen here...
    [​IMG]

Okay, to my plea for help- I need a change! What color should I go with now? I've been thinking lots of blonde highlights, for a fun, spring-y look. (I'm soo ready for warm weather!) Or should I just go for a haircut, or dye it back dark brown, or, or... I don't know!

Give me your advice, preferably with pictures! Thank you in advance!!

2. in the first picture, your ends look like you need a trim but if you're growing it out, i can understand that you wouldn't want to like get it cut a lot. (I'm in the same boat. growing it out, but my ends are split.) So just get a tiny tiny trim but keep your length. :smile:

i like brown shades on you, but for spring/summer i think you should play around with some subtle lighter toned highlights.

3. Thanks for responding! I have been trying to reconcile myself to the fact that I need a big trim.

Anyone have any haircut ideas for me? I am so hopeless when it comes to what looks good for face-shapes and such.

4. most definitely get a trim to start your transformation out.. then maybe go darker and use something to add volume :smile: have you ever had side bangs? i wonder how that would look.. try one of those "make over" websites on yourself and fiddle around with it! hehe

5. I agree, if you trim ends every 6 wks you avoid split ends going all the way up the hair shaft. I would keep your long layers and get them trimmed to add more volume. I like the side part, side bangs would look nice but if you don't want a big change, just trim the ends.
    A few shades darker with some natural highlights would look really nice too.

6. I love the cut from the first pic and the color from the second pic. It just looks like you need a little trim. If you tell the stylist you're looking to keep your length, you'd be surprised how little they can cut off and still have it look great :yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice