Make up gurus Gossip/Chat

LMAO OMG did anyone read the new blog entry? I have no idea who natneagle is, but I'm cracking up over here about the people who read the blog sabotaging her Bobbi Brown contest entry...so who exactly is she?

LOL @ Trolley I can't stand when people pronounce it like that, EXspecially, when people say 'espresso' like 'expresso'

Last edited:
It think once they think of themselves as "gurus" or how Elle (or Lisa her real name) says it "Garoos" something along those lines. Anyways.... I think once they think of themselves as gurus everything goes to their heads, and their videos begin to suck!!!

Blair used to have good tutorial videos, I watched her very first ones, but now she's just stuck up and snoopy'ish like. I hate it. And it's all about the products now, wheres the tutorials. That's why I watch them.... well not anymore, Makeupby TiffanyD is my #1.

Re : The current Custom and her jewelry. You can PM me for info. I know someone who knows the designer (vendor). She (LT)has spoken about the CCustom and has told us what she sells the necklaces for at wholesale prices. I feel like the videos were like QVC. Not my style. But those that like them. Watch and enjoy.

Re : The current Custom and her jewelry. You can PM me for info. I know someone who knows the designer (vendor). She (LT)has spoken about the CCustom and has told us what she sells the necklaces for at wholesale prices. I feel like the videos were like QVC. Not my style. But those that like them. Watch and enjoy.

I unsubsribed because I was sick of her pushing her jewelry in every video. Another thing that bothered me greatly about her blog and videos is she would make a video and say - swatches would be up shortly and never put them up on her blog like promised. After that happened like 15 times I was sick of it - now her whole entire blog is just selling jewelry and stuff they have at the store - B-O-R-I-N-G.

Some of the comments on that site about Irene (aka pinkiecharm) are downright RUDE. I don't care if people say things about someone's personality... but to bash their appearance? UNCALLED FOR!

Please feel free to share here! I don't think there would be anything wrong with it! Unless for some reason you just don't feel comfortable with it.

I will tell you who I used to LOVE and got super turned off by, and that is MakeupEnvy (Danica). She's such a talented artist and had a good 20 or so really neat tutorials up. Then she launched that "Lights Camera Makeup" e-book thing, which was basically all just tips on how to become a successful 'guru' using youtube. I think she was charging $20-something for it? Lollipop26 actually did a blog post about it, basically chiding the fact that Danica was charging people for the information (she never mentioned Danica's name, but it was very obvious who she was talking about) which I agree it's totally lame. Anyway, not too long after that, she took a hiatus from youtube, she took a good portion of her tutorials down, and she's since come back, but only 2 of the recent videos have been tutorials, the rest are all product reviews, which she never did before. It's a real bummer. She seems to have totally sold out. Very disappointing!

Some of the comments on that site about Irene (aka pinkiecharm) are downright RUDE. I don't care if people say things about someone's personality... but to bash their appearance? UNCALLED FOR!

Agreed. I'm not too fond of Irene but I honestly expected those comments, of course they would bash her appearence. They also keep calling natneagle(whoever that is) fat. Even after she lost like 60 lbs (I think, I skimmed thru the comments)

Agreed. I'm not too fond of Irene but I honestly expected those comments, of course they would bash her appearence. They also keep calling natneagle(whoever that is) fat. Even after she lost like 60 lbs (I think, I skimmed thru the comments)

Yep... also TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR! Obviously the owner of that site (and most of the commenters) are immature and childish. People should NEVER be bashed about how they look. Personality bashing is a totally different story.

People CHOOSE how they act. They cannot choose their appearances!

I'm loving how the commenters are coming up with all these crazy ideas though. The new rumor seems to be that Lisa and Elizabeth are going to be in some show with Katherine McPhee, which is why they moved to LA.
I forgot who she was until I saw her on Blair/Elizabeth's Youtube!