Make up for guys

liamnessel

Jun 7, 2012
Hey everyone! I have dry combination skin that has redness, and Im prone to acne. I'm 17 and a guy. I use the Estée Lauder bronze goddess self tanning face lotion mostly every night in the winter. I have the red hair, blue eyes, pale skin tone and I love being tan. My face has been really good for the past couple of years. But earlier this winter I got diagnosed with eczema. I switched all of my skin care products to fragrance free, etc and the eczema cleared up. But lately I have had quite a bit of stress with family problems and my face is breaking out. They are all healing and everything, but I have redness/blotchiness. So I want something to cover everything up. So in your opinion, what can I use (foundation, concealer, etc) without looking too girly. A little is ok, but I don't want to look like I have foundation on. Please suggest products

I think if you're going for subtle and believable, a tinted moisturizer or a very sheer but buildable coverage foundation like MAC Face and Body would work. Then buy a good concealer for erasing imperfections (currently loving Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer), and apply it with a tiny brush that you keep super clean.

I tend to get more natural looking results when I use a stippling brush to apply sheerer, more liquid-y formulas, but YMMV. Real Techniques has some nice synthetic options that clean really easily and won't break the bank.

PS- try to find a sunscreen that your skin will tolerate. No matter how much you might like the look of a tan, the risk of skin cancer just isn't worth it.//lecture.

Don't worry, I don't go tanning or anything. It's all from Estée Lauder and st tropez
I think if you're going for subtle and believable, a tinted moisturizer or a very sheer but buildable coverage foundation like MAC Face and Body would work. Then buy a good concealer for erasing imperfections (currently loving Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer), and apply it with a tiny brush that you keep super clean.

I tend to get more natural looking results when I use a stippling brush to apply sheerer, more liquid-y formulas, but YMMV. Real Techniques has some nice synthetic options that clean really easily and won't break the bank.

PS- try to find a sunscreen that your skin will tolerate. No matter how much you might like the look of a tan, the risk of skin cancer just isn't worth it.//lecture.