Make up brushes that don't shed. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bag Fetish said:
thanks for that hint, i'm looking at making some new makeup purchases and i'll be sure to put that on my list.

I don't know if you've tried Studio Fix foundation before, but... tons of people (including myself) find that their skin becomes horrible after using it. It basically clogs up your skin and makes you break out like crazy.

littlepanda said:
I don't know if you've tried Studio Fix foundation before, but... tons of people (including myself) find that their skin becomes horrible after using it. It basically clogs up your skin and makes you break out like crazy.
The list I have is about half and half. others from another forum love it. I'm confused.:hrmm:

The absolute BEST blush brush I have EVER used is a Chanel one. Its a fat stubby one, not sure the name of it but it was $40 and i have had it for 6 years and not lost so much as ONE hair! It is incredible. I got my mom to buy one and she loves it too.

Bag Fetish said:
The list I have is about half and half. others from another forum love it. I'm confused.:hrmm:

It looks good, but your skin won't feel good when and after you're using it. I'm just glad my skin finally is pretty much cleared up from that fiasco. :cry: Do yourself a favor and DON'T try it!! Unless your skin is super duper hardy... you'll probably get horrid acne. I only know of one person whose skin was not affected... the 5 others all had the same reaction my skin did. I like to think my skin is not that sensitive too.. :blink:

I've actually heard very good things about Sonia Kaschuk makeup brushes. (Available at Target.) Definitely under a $100.00. Her directions recommend daily washing as well for maintenance.

Selena said:
The absolute BEST blush brush I have EVER used is a Chanel one. Its a fat stubby one, not sure the name of it but it was $40 and i have had it for 6 years and not lost so much as ONE hair! It is incredible. I got my mom to buy one and she loves it too.

I totally agree! I have had my Chanel brushes for 10 years and they have not shed at all. I wash them twice a month. I also really like Laura Mercier brushes as well.

Bag Fetish said:
Question, What size brush can you get that will fit into a makeup case and that is used for applying press powder/foundation.

this one here.
1x1.gif
colon_off.gif
M510_hd.gif
Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one

Stila retractable brush. its about 5 inches long (in a metallic type push up thingy with a lid). Good stuff.:idea:

poppincourt said:
MAC Brush cleaner is awesome! They clean and condition at the same time! Theyre about $8 a bottle and you get plenty!

Which reminds me, I need to clean my brushes already!

I usually just use a styrofoam cup, fill the cup with 25% water and 25% cleaner, and I'll let it sit there for an hour or two. Shaking each individual brush once in a while, after, I'll rinse and wipe the brushes and allow them to sit until dry!

oh btw, make sure to wash in warm water!

I :heart: the mac brushes too.

Selena said:

AGREE!!! The best blush brush is the little Chanel one! It's a mini size brush and comes in a little pouch! I have had it for years and not one hair has shed! I have 2 of them! THE BEST!!!! I went through the same thing searching for a brush that didn't shed... and this Chanel blush brush was the solution!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.