Make-up Brush versus Sponge versus Fingers

Japhson! :hugs: Thanks for posting, I'd heard about this video and forgotten about it. Cool idea using a CD as a artists pallette too. :yes:
I.MUST.HAVE.THAT.BRUSH and I believe it's limited or DC'd. :crybaby:

Right now I'm using a 187 or 188 to apply my foundation and love it. Since I'm a brush whore, I might as well try this one too. :P Wonder if CCO has it.
Call the gone but not forgotten number. There are still some left if you don't mind ordering online.

Fingers. They are free, they are the engine behind any other tool anyway, and unlike brushes and sponges, they do not absorb product that must be washed down the sink, thus obliging you to go and buy more with increased frequency.

Naturally, all cosmetics companies strongly recommend brushes and sponges. :devil:

The trick, apparently, with the brush is to use one that has high-quality synthetic bristles, so it doesn't absorb the foundation. Most of the product ends on your face, as it should.

So I'm not so sure about the kabuki stippling brush. Doesn't that have natural bristles?

I've used 4 different foundation brushes that are the traditional shape. I didn't love any of them. I also used a MAC 187 dupe and liked the results, but didn't love using the brush (if that makes sense). Most recently I have been using an Everyday Minerals flat-top brush to stipple on LIQUID foundation and I LOVE love love the results. It's the best brush ever and it was so cheap!! :tup:

^^ haha. Claire, I've been blending my foundation lately with the flat top too (after applying with a traditional foundation brush). I like the results.

My new MUFE HD foundation is hard to remove from my 187 and 188 and I'm worried about staining so I've been experimenting with some other techniques. I'm going to give the flat top a go for application. So far you've never steered me wrong

I've also been using sponges to blend out my foundation after applying with the traditional brush. My RAOK buddy (ladystara) sent me some fab Bobbi Brown ones I've been using. They work great!

So in answer to Rose's question, I'm going to say the answer is "D"; all of the above.