make up brush cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzsallyb

Oct 10, 2007
hi all

was just wondering wat you guys consider to be the best brush cleaner? i have no access to mac where i am at the moment, and i refuse to pay $45 for a smashbox cleaner

any ideas?

johnson's and johnson's baby shampoo. It works better than the mac cleaner (never tried smashbox). I just fill a bowl w/ warm water, put in some baby shampoo, swish swish, rinse and dry. my brushes feel completely clean.

I have a MAC brush cleaner, but I am still wondering it is working.
After trying several times, I am using shampoo on my brush because it is also 'hair', but not sure it would be ok for my brush though..

johnson's and johnson's baby shampoo. It works better than the mac cleaner (never tried smashbox). I just fill a bowl w/ warm water, put in some baby shampoo, swish swish, rinse and dry. my brushes feel completely clean.

That's what I use too - it's really gentle on the brushes and still cleans them well!

I use Mac's. You can order it on-line if a store isn't close by. It works very well. Dilute it with water first.

I use regular shampoo on my synthetic brushes... the ones that I use for cream based concealer.

I have a few brands of brush cleaner sitting in my closet, none of them work as well as J&J Baby Shampoo. A couple drops in warm water, swish the brush, rinse= nice clean brushes!

Status
Not open for further replies.