make up brush cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzsallyb

Oct 10, 2007
hi all

was just wondering wat you guys consider to be the best brush cleaner? i have no access to mac where i am at the moment, and i refuse to pay $45 for a smashbox cleaner

any ideas?

ally24k

I.Heart.Bags
Apr 18, 2006
Suburbs of LA
johnson's and johnson's baby shampoo. It works better than the mac cleaner (never tried smashbox). I just fill a bowl w/ warm water, put in some baby shampoo, swish swish, rinse and dry. my brushes feel completely clean.

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I've used baby shampoo in the past and I just use my facial cleanser and do the same thing to clean my brushes.

TxGlam

Shop. Spend. Repeat.
O.G.
May 24, 2007
Dallas
I use the Mac Cleaner but I'm not too fond of it. I think its actually ruining my brushes!

myskylab

Rattle and Hum
O.G.
Aug 4, 2007
CA, USA
I have a MAC brush cleaner, but I am still wondering it is working.
After trying several times, I am using shampoo on my brush because it is also 'hair', but not sure it would be ok for my brush though..

bubbleloba

In LaLa Land
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
San Francisco
I use Kiehl's tea tree oil shampoo (a bit weird, but it works!). Just a dollop of the shampoo with warm water will do the trick.

sparkles48

Southern Sweetheart
O.G.
Mar 20, 2006
USA =)
johnson's and johnson's baby shampoo. It works better than the mac cleaner (never tried smashbox). I just fill a bowl w/ warm water, put in some baby shampoo, swish swish, rinse and dry. my brushes feel completely clean.
That's what I use too - it's really gentle on the brushes and still cleans them well!

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Toronto
I use Mac's. You can order it on-line if a store isn't close by. It works very well. Dilute it with water first.

I use regular shampoo on my synthetic brushes... the ones that I use for cream based concealer.

Glamfoxx

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I have a few brands of brush cleaner sitting in my closet, none of them work as well as J&J Baby Shampoo. A couple drops in warm water, swish the brush, rinse= nice clean brushes!

Status
Not open for further replies.