Major water damage!

Wow, it looks f#d up.
Maybe some leather magician can iron it out somehow. I saw Peter Nitz on Instagram doing it to creased leather with a special tool. But I am not sure if it'd work on this.

I have to add that this was several hours ago and I’m not quite sure what it looks like now, as it isn’t in my possession at the moment. I’ll see how it turns out tomorrow! But yes, if it’s still awful I will have to take it to someone to fix tbh

Update: I gave the wallet to a friend who said she could help as I was far too busy to try to fix it - I just saw that she sent me some pictures and it looks much better now! She stuffed it with tissues and put it on a towel on dry. The bubbling of the leather has subsided and I think it just needs a conditioning. Going to avoid keeping liquids in my bags now for sure.

The bag is a bit more noticeably damaged because of the vachetta, the piping on the edges has been darkened, which doesn't bother me much as I only use it for travelling. :smile:

I apologise, I saw your reply before the edit and I just want to clarify because I don't want to confuse anyone! I created a new account as I was on a different device and didn't have my password saved on it - sorry that is super embarrassing to admit but I was very concerned about my wallet for sentimental reasons and couldn't wait a few hours until I had access to my laptop. :blush:

You probably shouldn't have placed any liquid inside or near a bag that has vachetta on it, unless you enjoy the look of watermarks. Good for you for being able to fix it. If anything you can always replace/renew vachetta.