LV +Vat question...

I made several purchases at LV and Chanel in early September. The Chanel refunds were credited back to me within 10 days. Two of my LV refunds took another month, until about October 15th.

The last LV refund though seemed to just disappear. I used their online refund tracker where you enter in the document ID # but Global Blue's system didn't recognize it. Global Blue opened a case for me but said that processing was taking longer so I should just be patient. I pretty much gave up on it but it finally was credited back to my card on November 19th. So, that last refund took about 9 weeks for them to process.

I would call Global Blue and open a case. You made your purchase even earlier than mine so I think you should have your refund by now. See what they say. There is some kind of appeal process if you believe you are still owed money and if they have lost your documentation.

Finally I just got my refund! Better late than never, right? Had no idea why it's taking so long. Lucky enough the documents didn't get lost or anything. Thanks everyone for your inputs though!

Hi all! I need some advice from you guys. I'm residing in U.S. and was just in Paris for vacation where I bought a neverfull and a belt.

I was just looking at the tax refund form and noticed that the SA gave me the retailer copy, instead of the customer copy with the bar code. *gasp* I'm leaving Paris for Provence now, and wouldn't pass by another LV unless I make a detour to Marseille, then I'm leaving for US after that Provence.

Anyone who has met similar situation in Paris or any of the EU countries? Any advice on how I can work around LV's screw up?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure if it will be an issue for the refund however if you happen to go to another city that has an LV they should be able to reprint for you. When I was in Spain I purchased something in madrid and then made my larger purchases in barcelona and the SA there was able to redo the form because the SA in madrid didnt spell my name correct or even put in my passport number correctly.

I had a regular sheet of paper for the tax free form with all the sales info from LV instead of the usual receipt tape paper.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone! I'm going to Paris and was planning on checking for Louis Vuitton finds at some designer consignment stores (in addition to making some purchases at the LV boutique - so excited!). Do any of you know whether bags/accessories purchased secondhand would be eligible for the VAT refund when returning home to the US?

And by the way - any shops you'd recommend? ;)

Thanks!

So I bought a new wallet while in Paris along with shoes from Crhistian Louboutin. I flew in and out of London from Orlando and traveled to Paris by train during my stay. I was told by both stores to process the VAT in London before my flight home. I went to the first desk to the customs girl and presented both receipts along with one from London. Then went to the Money Corp desk to complete after I checked in. The first girl was very nice but the Money Corp was nasty from the start. She refused to process either store from Paris because the receipt has the credit card with xxxx for the first 9 numbers. I told her the London one did too and she said that doesn't matter and it's because they're from France. Told me I had to mail the receipts to Paris and they had to write the credit card number out completely and Mail back to me then I had to mail to them!?!? Has this ever happened to anyone? Was she right? I didn't have too much time to argue with her and I'm going to call Amex tomorrow so we will see what happens.

So I bought a new wallet while in Paris along with shoes from Crhistian Louboutin. I flew in and out of London from Orlando and traveled to Paris by train during my stay. I was told by both stores to process the VAT in London before my flight home. I went to the first desk to the customs girl and presented both receipts along with one from London. Then went to the Money Corp desk to complete after I checked in. The first girl was very nice but the Money Corp was nasty from the start. She refused to process either store from Paris because the receipt has the credit card with xxxx for the first 9 numbers. I told her the London one did too and she said that doesn't matter and it's because they're from France. Told me I had to mail the receipts to Paris and they had to write the credit card number out completely and Mail back to me then I had to mail to them!?!? Has this ever happened to anyone? Was she right? I didn't have too much time to argue with her and I'm going to call Amex tomorrow so we will see what happens.

I have never heard that before! Awful ordeal!
But yeah the VAT must be requested in the last airport before leaving the European Union.

Hi everyone , I will be going to Paris soon.
As everybody knows SC bag is not available in store . But I saw it's available online . If I had purchased it and shipped to the hotel where I will be staying ,
How is the process of VAT claim ?

TIA [emoji8]

I was told that they will not deliver to a hotel. Also, you need a French credit card to buy online. However, you can call an CS and ask them to check which stores have the bag you're looking for.

Hi everyone , I will be going to Paris soon.
As everybody knows SC bag is not available in store . But I saw it's available online . If I had purchased it and shipped to the hotel where I will be staying ,
How is the process of VAT claim ?

TIA [emoji8]

Just order it through a store in France. You will have to pay with a bank transfer as they won't process a credit card if you are not present and it's a foreign card. I have done all this before.