Major Question! Seriously need your opinions!

Okay, well, I went with my mom to the Prime Outlets at Williamsburg. My mom bought a bag, (it's a factory style). When we were driving home, my dad thought it was an "old-lady" bag. I want your opinions! I want my mom to keep it, I think it's very pretty, I really love the patent leather though. One of my favorite things about this bag is the lining, I love the blue color! So please, could you rate it if you think it looks like an "old-lady" bag..

Attachments

• DSC_0737.jpg
    DSC_0737.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0738.jpg
    DSC_0738.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0743.jpg
    DSC_0743.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0740.jpg
    DSC_0740.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0742.jpg
    DSC_0742.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 35
I have to say while it is cute, I would not carry it. But, if your mom likes it, that is all that matters! I have bags that my hubbs doesn't like and I could care less what he thinks....but, that is just me!

That would be for one stylin' old lady then:P

(As you can tell, I don't think that it looks old lady;) Sometimes guys just blurt things out; my dad does this all the time. I tell him I'll listen to his fashion advice when he stops wearing dress socks with sandals paired with short shorts;)) <--- Sorry for the visual, LOL!

Last edited:
that's a lovely bag! i don't think it looks 'old lady' at all, and if you mom likes it there's no reason she shouldn't keep it! no one is going to like every single bag that someone owns, your mom should make herself happy :smile:

It depends on how much your dad's opinion matters to your mom. If she'll never carry it because he doesn't like it, than she should bring it back and get something else. And HE has to help pick it out!

I have a carry all similar to this style. I don't think it's old ladyish, but to me it's a little plain. But geez, what I think as plain someone else thinks is simple and elegant, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

That would be for one stylin' old lady then:P

(As you can tell, I don't think that it looks old lady;) Sometimes guys just blurt things out; my dad does this all the time. I tell him I'll listen to his fashion advice when he stops wearing dress socks with sandals paired with short shorts;))

lol..TOOO FUNNY!!!

weeeelllllllll....... i've never met a MFF bag that i like.... so i'm not one to ask..... but that said.... i don't think it looks like an old lady bag.....

i do take what my hubby says in consideration (however i still bought the alexa that he thinks looks like a gym bag... BUT that's one of the reasons i'm also thinking of returning it... my hubby has great fashion sense and i never go wrong taking his opinion into consideratoin!)

what it boils down to is if your mom loves it and doesn't care what hubby thinks.....

I think the style would look a bit more classic, and might satisfy your dad a bit more, if it was in leather rather than siggy. I dunno though, but I DO know that I would carry your mom's bag in leather; I love all of the compartments and the size! The carryall style is my absolute fave and I have 3 of them and proudly rock them at 28, so I don't think they're old lady:smile:

Hey, that's the same design from the Hamptons archive bag in straw that came out last spring!

I have it in straw & love it! I don't think it's old lady at all...but one of my friends calls it a little old lady bag too.

I don't think it's an old lady bag, but if your mom's not totally loving it, she should return it. If the ONLY problem is your father's comment, she should burn his dinner for a few nights until he loves the bag as much as she does!!! (j/k)