Major earthquake in Hawaii...Aloha Rag

tiramisu

Rooaaarrr~~~
Sep 9, 2006
Did you hear about the major earthquake in Hawaii? I know the Big Island was the main devastation but it is affecting the other islands, including Oahu. So for those who are planning to fax in any order to Aloha Rag, I think you should wait until you hear from them. I hear businesses are closed in Oahu, too, except stores like Home Depot, so no one is at the store taking orders, etc., and you don't want your order containing important personal information laying around...(e.g credit card number!).
I hope everyone is okay...:sad:

gosh, i know, my husband just told me about this :sad:...i hope everyone is okay over there (i think mocean lives there :heart:)...they said it was a magnitude 6.6 & was the worst earthquake in hawaii in over 20 years :s ...i've got a cousin & his family that live on the main island...i'll let you all know if i hear anything from them about it!!!

That's what the deal is . . . I have been calling them all day and no one has answered the phone. I talked to them yesterday and they said they would be in today. I am so glad that I didn't fax/email my credit card info - was just going to follow up with a phone call. Hope they are all okay.

Leave it to the pfers to get this news to us - didn't hear about it on tv!

I just read this on the net this evening. How horrible! I hope no tpf'er was hurt from this earthquake. I was intending to contact AR and ask about color availability of the new Oval clutches. I think it's best to wait a while. Thanks for the heads up!

So far no casualties are reported. But many injured. Large area throughout the islands have been experiencing major power outage, including, Waikiki, Honolulu on Oahu... I bet it is hard to make phone calls, check emails, etc. right now...

It looks like Kona on the big island got the worst of it. My mom's good friend lives there and she said her retaining wall in the backyard shifted 1 foot! Also many people who live on the edge of the water literally had their backyards fall off into the ocean.