Maisie Totes

Well I had been stalking the coming soon section to see when the Maisie totes were coming up and what price point they would be.
I stupidly assumed they would be cheaper than the clippers. Just spotted the North South totes are now in stock and are £995! How disappointing and overpriced. Pah! I assumed they would be around the £500/600 mark as essentially they are just a few bits of leather, no hardware etc.

I've just seen how much the Maisie pouch purses are!! £395!! I don't normally buy mulberry purses so not familiar with the price range for their purses..but £400 for something so small where the pictures make them look like they're made of rubber! ....very bizarre...I really have to see one IRL to see how they're justifying these prices! :amazed:

This thread has been interesting to read, totally agree that the prices have gone crazy. That Maisie bag - are they having a joke? It looks bizarre and the price is equally bizarre.

Mulberry could have produced a fabulous good looking tote full of mulberry DNA but no, they come up with the plastic looking Maisie tote! I really hankered after a Dorset tote in oak - until I saw one ! At the moment the only nice looking classic tote they have is the bayswater tote, but even that is so expensive.

Such a cute name for an ugly bag IMO.

I have to agree. I don't get the design! Also really wonder how they'd look after a couple years of wear - would the embossed design hold up? I was in a Mulberry store recently and Maisie was the first thing the SA tried to sell me on. I imagine they aren't really moving well.

Sammiantha said:
I wonder if our views will change at all if they don't sell we'll and end up in the sale :graucho:

Ha, probably not. I'd Imagine that even in the sale they will be several hundred pounds, and there are loads of other LOVELY Mulberry bags that we could sink several hundreds of pounds on.

Besides *small voice* the Maisie IS kinda ugly.

Maybe mulberry want to price us ordinary folk out of buying their bags...like Chanel who only want the rich to have theirs? Makes the brand more desirable the more expensive it is?

I went into Fenwicks to see if they had a Maisie, they did and I haven't seen a more revolting bag for such an extrodinate price. I thought on the Clippers that there was a front pouch but its just some mock hardware and for £895 I would expect at least a pouch on the front of it. They look like fakes!

I saw a Maisie Clipper IRL this morning in Fenwick, Canterbury and have to agree with you ladies who think that this is one really odd bag. It was pulled out (?stuffed) to its full width potential and looked just like a soft-sided cube. Can't imagine walking around with this - it just looked ugly. As for the price???? Even if I was GIVEN one of these as a gift I think I would be returning it. :tdown:

I saw a Maisie Clipper IRL this morning in Fenwick, Canterbury and have to agree with you ladies who think that this is one really odd bag. It was pulled out (?stuffed) to its full width potential and looked just like a soft-sided cube. Can't imagine walking around with this - it just looked ugly. As for the price???? Even if I was GIVEN one of these as a gift I think I would be returning it. :tdown:

But its just the mock hardware that gets me, why have a synthetic mould of something thats so iconic to the mulberry brand? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
I sincerely hope Suki Waterhouse got her North South Maisie for free though!