Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I was at my local boutique on Sunday and while in conversation with my SA he asked if i was still interested in a pair of sneakers that i had been asking about since Feb when i first started shopping with him.

I guess they had finally received stock, but i informed him that i had purchased the ones i wanted online since whenever i had asked if the store had them/were going to get them soon, or if they could be ordered he said that the store had no idea when they would receive them and no other surrounding stores had them at the time.

I was kinda nervous to say i got them online based on the general consensus that buying online can negatively affect your SA relationship. Also when i first started shopping with him and i mentioned H.com he basically said it’s better to text him if i want something to be ordered or just come into store. So i took those hints lol.

However, i was surprised that he actually was happy that i was finally able to get the sneakers that i wanted because the stock situation is so uncertain. I was also surprised that he didn’t already know that i had bought the sneakers from my profile.

This makes me think that maybe my online orders can’t be seen by him since i think my email for my in store profile and my online account are different. Does anyone know if that is the case or if it’s the same because my phone number on both accounts is the same?
I know for sure my SA sees my online shopping activity. I'm based in the EU, not sure if it's different in the US or elsewhere. He even showed me on his phone all of my online purchases . At the time the stock was super low for all categories in my home store so he encouraged me to look online at other EU country websites to source things that I wanted. Now that the stock situation is getting better I've stopped my poor online behavior.

Reactions: kerebear
I know for sure my SA sees my online shopping activity. I'm based in the EU, not sure if it's different in the US or elsewhere. He even showed me on his phone all of my online purchases . At the time the stock was super low for all categories in my home store so he encouraged me to look online at other EU country websites to source things that I wanted. Now that the stock situation is getting better I've stopped my poor online behavior.

The profiles link automatically, I think, if they have the same physical address. If they later on proceed to check emails/phone numbers, they may work out there are two accounts for the 1 person so they'll link it up. This is what happened with my online account / store account.

I think it's safer to just assume the SAs in store can see your purchases online. I don't think it's a big deal to purchase online if there are items you really want that come up there, but they don't count towards your in-store profile/spend per se. If you spend enough with your SA in store... it shouldn't really be much of an issue.

Reactions: kerebear

Thanks for your response! I’ve realized that my store (i am in US) doesn’t have/receive certain items or bright colors that i really like. The website sometimes stocks items that i’ve been wanting for a while and sometimes they are not online long enough to text my SA to order. It may be awkward to ask him if he can see my online purchases unless it comes up casually in convo lol. I’ve only ordered 2 items online, a scarf last year, and the sneakers this year. I would like to shop online only for items that are rare at my store or that my SA has trouble sourcing for me.

The profiles link automatically, I think, if they have the same physical address. If they later on proceed to check emails/phone numbers, they may work out there are two accounts for the 1 person so they'll link it up. This is what happened with my online account / store account.

I think it's safer to just assume the SAs in store can see your purchases online. I don't think it's a big deal to purchase online if there are items you really want that come up there, but they don't count towards your in-store profile/spend per se. If you spend enough with your SA in store... it shouldn't really be much of an issue.

Thanks for the advice! Lol i will assume he can see them. I don’t think it will be an issue since i do try to be patient and to text him or ask him about the item in person. And i only have bought a couple things online compared to my purchase history in store. I’m new to H (2020) but only just started regularly shopping and with one SA since Feb/March this year.

It can be very disheartening to see a lot of people getting offers and flipping (this can happen especially in poorly managed stores).

However, I would just like to say that those clients are not the real VVIPs. To be honest, I think there are clients who genuinely love the brand and may very very occasionally re-home some items if they find it isn't that useful or they simply have SO MUCH stuff they need to move some old items along. However, for them to flip bags would be a big loss, because their spend ratio is so high.

I say this, because I am a client who doesn't focus on spend ratio and buy lots of things. I think the general effect is that your profile becomes very strong, and you are able to eventually attain very special bags (the rare collectible sort).

Anyhow, I think no matter how much you think you've bought or spent at the store, it is often only a very little amount. I remind myself all the time that I'm only a small fish in a very big pond (at my local store). What I spend in a month may be what some clients spend in a year... but then again, what I spend in a year may be what other clients spend in a month! The SAs/SM don't owe us anything, and can only note our request (a request which would be one amongst thousands).

I feel that the factors at play include:
1. Time - how old the account is
2. Spend - overall profile spend, and the regularity of it
3. Relationship - with SA, with SM, with the store overall
4. Timing - when your profile is just right, when the right bag is available. the stars align.
I can't agree more with the bolded. This has been my personal experience with all my stores. I also only base my comments on my own history, at stores I have at least visited and shopped at in person.

Quick question… my husband and I got invited to a watch event at our home store but ultimately couldn’t make it as it unfortunately coincided with our kids’ back to school events. As much as I love H, I couldn’t choose the event over my kids.. I guess the question is did I somehow mess up my relationship with my SA or am I overthinking? Thanks in advance!

Quick question… my husband and I got invited to a watch event at our home store but ultimately couldn’t make it as it unfortunately coincided with our kids’ back to school events. As much as I love H, I couldn’t choose the event over my kids.. I guess the question is did I somehow mess up my relationship with my SA or am I overthinking? Thanks in advance!
I really do not think Hermes would want to be prioritised over your family/ kids/ baby being ill, same as in the Paris appt thread. If you are worried, just mention it next time you see your SA.

You're overthinking it. H will always be there and there will be many other events. You're time with your kids and their activities/events, however, is finite so take advantage while you can. Besides, many SA's have kids themselves and I'm sure understand prioritizing family over shopping, as it should be. Just my 2 cents.

I was invited to an event a few weeks ago and had told my SA I was going. But then I caught COVID and had to cancel last minute. My SA was super empathetic and wanted me to feel better before anything else. When I managed to visit a few weeks after, they mentioned that they’ll keep me in mind for future events and managed to hold items for me from the event. If you have a good relationship, your SA will understand and if your SA doesn’t… well maybe you might not want to work with someone who doesn’t understand family first! :angel:

Thanks for the advice! Lol i will assume he can see them. I don’t think it will be an issue since i do try to be patient and to text him or ask him about the item in person. And i only have bought a couple things online compared to my purchase history in store. I’m new to H (2020) but only just started regularly shopping and with one SA since Feb/March this year.
SAs can see it; it's just a matter if they check. If you're requesting a bag, they will look at your purchases because they don't want to be blindsided asking their manager only to find out you have a dozen online orders that could have been done through the store.

A lot of things with H just take time. It takes a bit to build a comfort level, but I give my SA the benefit of the doubt that it's in the works for me. If it's something I see pop up online, know is hard to find, and desperately want, I'll ask if it's alright if I order it there or if I should wait for her. She’ll let me know if I should go ahead and order it (in which I assume there was a low likelihood of me getting it) or if I ought to wait (it’s coming in and earmarked for me and won’t fair well for either of us for me to not buy from her). This way, she knows ahead of time and isn’t holding something for me that could have been sold to someone else. I’ll add that this is something I only do on rare occasions, most of the time I wait and it works out.

• Insightful
Reactions: kerebear and 880
Your SAs have kids too. No worries. You can always say how disappointed you were to miss it bc your Kids event happened lol

my experience is the same as @leechiyong , except I hate ordering on line ( the prancing pony icon; the bots; the competition; plus my general crappy attitude re why can’t we pick the colors we want for petit H). So, I end up missing out or going without occasionally. I recently wanted a calvi duo for a gift, and my SA said cannot find one, so we Just texted about other gift options.

+1 with @Culoucou re the factors that the SAs and SMS have to figure out in a sea of bag requests

Last edited:
I think you’re overthinking it.

It’s similar to events with anyone else, if you say you’re going to attend but then can’t, let them know, but periodically declining an invitation won’t ruin a worthwhile relationship.

SAs can see it; it's just a matter if they check. If you're requesting a bag, they will look at your purchases because they don't want to be blindsided asking their manager only to find out you have a dozen online orders that could have been done through the store.

A lot of things with H just take time. It takes a bit to build a comfort level, but I give my SA the benefit of the doubt that it's in the works for me. If it's something I see pop up online, know is hard to find, and desperately want, I'll ask if it's alright if I order it there or if I should wait for her. She’ll let me know if I should go ahead and order it (in which I assume there was a low likelihood of me getting it) or if I ought to wait (it’s coming in and earmarked for me and won’t fair well for either of us for me to not buy from her). This way, she knows ahead of time and isn’t holding something for me that could have been sold to someone else. I’ll add that this is something I only do on rare occasions, most of the time I wait and it works out.
Your SAs have kids too. No worries. You can always say how disappointed you were to miss it bc your Kids event happened lol

my experience is the same as @leechiyong , except I hate ordering on line ( the prancing pony icon; the bots; the competition; plus my general crappy attitude re why can’t we pick the colors we want for petit H). So, I end up missing out or going without occasionally. I recently wanted a calvi duo for a gift, and my SA said cannot find one, so we Just texted about other gift options.

+1 with @Culoucou re the factors that the SAs and SMS have to figure out in a sea of bag requests

One thing Hermes will definitely teach you is patience LOL. It can definitely be frustrating sometimes when i want something by a specific time. I’m learning slowly to shop and request ahead of time and grab the things i want when i see them rather than wait. I think moving forward i will take the advice to ask my SA if he thinks i should go ahead and get something online or wait if he thinks the store will be getting some soon or can be ordered. Thanks again for the advice, very helpful!

Hey guys,

Has anyone of you asked to change SA at your store? How would you go about it? When my previous SA left l was assigned the one l have and we just don´t really click. l often visit the store and purchase items and most of the time when l email them about anything from tableware to shoes my SA does not even reply. This has nothing to do with quota bags at all, it´s more about the dynamic and smoothly being able to buy things off of the floor.

There are several other SAs at that store that l would love to work with and get along with great, how would you approach the situation?