Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
To answer your question, the 1:1 ratio means that if you want a $12k Birkin, that it usually will not be offered until you buy $12k of other items such as jewelry, clothing, other handbags, etc.

Your history matters. One time I visited A store in NY and has a great conversation with an SA. This was before I knew about the whole relationship thing. So I looked at some bags for the wife and also mentioned that her birthday was coming up and that she had always wanted a Birkin. This store gets great inventory so the SA said he could have a Birkin for me by the following week. He then looked up my name and I only had a few small things like ties and a wallet. He comes over and says “There is a problem. Our system isn’t showing that you buy anything from Hermes”. At the time, we bought our Hermes items from a non-Hermes store in Connecticut that carried Hermes items so all of our history didn’t show up in Hermes’ systems. The offer of a Birkin for her birthday immediately disappeared and it soured me to the store and SA all together.

Fast forward a couple years and Hermes opened a boutique in Connecticut. We walked in and bought an Evelyne for the wife. Wife was carrying her Lindy bag and the SA says “That bag isn’t showing up in our system. Did you happen to buy it at the store down the street?” The answer was yes and she says to me “Thank you and I hope that your wife loves her Evelyne bag. If you need ANYTHING in the future, please let me know. Here is my card”

She helped us get that Birkin for the wife’s birthday and has helped us with many bags since. A few days ago, we walked back into the NYC store that I had sworn off, and a lovely SA was assigned to us. She looked up my name because we asked for a Constance bag and she told me essentially every quota bag that they had in stock in case we wanted one.

Long store short, history matters.
thanks a lot! i appreciate your took the time to reply. needless to say i was so pissed about their approach that I bought a stupendously triple-priced bag from a concierge service. So, i could have maybe spent it on gold
jewels and still gotten my bag? meeew!

I thought other handbags did not count for quota bags ?

To answer your question, the 1:1 ratio means that if you want a $12k Birkin, that it usually will not be offered until you buy $12k of other items such as jewelry, clothing, other handbags, etc.

Your history matters. One time I visited A store in NY and has a great conversation with an SA. This was before I knew about the whole relationship thing. So I looked at some bags for the wife and also mentioned that her birthday was coming up and that she had always wanted a Birkin. This store gets great inventory so the SA said he could have a Birkin for me by the following week. He then looked up my name and I only had a few small things like ties and a wallet. He comes over and says “There is a problem. Our system isn’t showing that you buy anything from Hermes”. At the time, we bought our Hermes items from a non-Hermes store in Connecticut that carried Hermes items so all of our history didn’t show up in Hermes’ systems. The offer of a Birkin for her birthday immediately disappeared and it soured me to the store and SA all together.

Fast forward a couple years and Hermes opened a boutique in Connecticut. We walked in and bought an Evelyne for the wife. Wife was carrying her Lindy bag and the SA says “That bag isn’t showing up in our system. Did you happen to buy it at the store down the street?” The answer was yes and she says to me “Thank you and I hope that your wife loves her Evelyne bag. If you need ANYTHING in the future, please let me know. Here is my card”

She helped us get that Birkin for the wife’s birthday and has helped us with many bags since. A few days ago, we walked back into the NYC store that I had sworn off, and a lovely SA was assigned to us. She looked up my name because we asked for a Constance bag and she told me essentially every quota bag that they had in stock in case we wanted one.

Long store short, history matters.

yes, definitely have... and i didn't get any other offers or the SA didn't offer up anything else... just curious does my spending history ever expire? i.e. if i don't purchase anything from now, will it expire in a couple months and it gives further consideration for my SA not to give me what i want now? i'm just so torn here.

Usually they expire in a year.
However if you are a long time customer, SAs are usually OK with rolling over your spend to the next year especially if you haven't gotten your wishlist bags yet.

Would anyone happen to know, if an SA does a charge send, do they get the commission for it?

They do. But I've heard that charge send = only SA gets credit; transfer to your store first = both SA and store gets credit. So SM may prefer transfer to store than direct charge send, but for popular items the original store with the item may be unwilling to transfer (so sometimes your store will need to make a trade / pull personal connections if they are friends with someone in the other store, etc.)

A reminder that all the things mentioned in this thread, all the "rules" of the game, may differ GREATLY depending on where you are. Different countries / stores have different rules on what counts as the pre-spend & how things work; even within the same store, different SAs can count things differently. So if there's a more specific thread for the region/store you are interested in, it may helps to check in that thread besides this one.

They do. But I've heard that charge send = only SA gets credit; transfer to your store first = both SA and store gets credit. So SM may prefer transfer to store than direct charge send, but for popular items the original store with the item may be unwilling to transfer (so sometimes your store will need to make a trade / pull personal connections if they are friends with someone in the other store, etc.)
Thank you!!!

Silly question, but does a "spend history" expire? What happens if you don't meet a 1:1 within a year, will I have to spend 1:1 again in the next calendar year in order to get offered a bag? Does my previous spend history count towards anything in that case?

Reactions: Hikar1
Silly question, but does a "spend history" expire? What happens if you don't meet a 1:1 within a year, will I have to spend 1:1 again in the next calendar year in order to get offered a bag? Does my previous spend history count towards anything in that case?

In short, yes. Especially for new customers, if you don't meet 1:1 in a year, it will expire and you will have to start all over again. But as other TPF members have mentioned above, SMs and SAs can waive this (and usually will) for their long term customers. Stores also might be more relaxed about this now since revenues are down.

Reactions: Hikar1
In short, yes. Especially for new customers, if you don't meet 1:1 in a year, it will expire and you will have to start all over again. But as other TPF members have mentioned above, SMs and SAs can waive this for their long term customers.

Oh. Well then...I'm not sure if I should talk to my SA about this or not now. I'm very close to 1:1 but at the same time I've not been offered a bag yet. I see my SA about every 2-3 weeks so I don't know if I should ask them about this...

Oh. Well then...I'm not sure if I should talk to my SA about this or not now. I'm very close to 1:1 but at the same time I've still not been offered anything yet. I see my SA about every 2-3 weeks so I don't know if I should ask them about this...

It's only September, so there's still plenty of time until the end of the year. But if you don't hear anything from your SA by mid-November, better sit him/her down and just ask what the plan is.