Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
When KOP went from franchise to H owned, I didn't lose my buying history.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I merely meant to state that the concession stores in Norway and Sweden are/will now be directly H owned. I can't attest to the lost in buying history as I haven't experienced that (nor been in @Tingeling situation.) Or perhaps you meant to quote @FreddieMac instead? :shrugs:

Reactions: periogirl28
I really hope I misunderstood that poster but any way I look at it I can’t find a different interpretation...

That poster probably should block me now because I tend to make really long comments that they will never want to read...:no:
Haha. To be fair, the thread is 187 pages long and the Search function is probably not very effective for this.

Anyways, thought fine jewelry is common knowledge but maybe not for the minority.

Reactions: HAllDay
I think it’s good that you clarified. :smile:

I got chastised recently on a 1900+ page (29k posts) thread for asking a question and not reading the entire thread. Sigh.
lol I had worse experience. I already used Search function and the results didn’t answer my specific Q. The thread was 3000+ pages long. :huh: Ironically, whoever posted was impatient to reply with the same canned response (i.e. just read the thread).

Reactions: Sferics and AdidaB
Haha. To be fair, the thread is 187 pages long and the Search function is probably not very effective for this.

Anyways, thought fine jewelry is common knowledge but maybe not for the minority.

I think it’s one thing to come into a thread and say hey this thread is long I’m sorry can someone answer my question again. We’ve actually had a lot of these and people will often willingly help.

It’s another thing to quote someone who is offering an explanation and helpful answer and in response to them (which is the default way of interpreting someone quoting another person) that it was TL;DR then proceed to ask a bunch of other questions.

That is what I think a lot of us understood the poster to be saying. TBH “you all understood me wrong” should prompt you to ask “why did they all misunderstood is it because of how I said it”.

That’s all I will say on this and let’s try get back to the thread topic :smile:

My SA and I text each other every week. We don’t always talk about Hermes. We talk about Netflix, boyfriends, and work. I share funny YouTube videos of bloggers unboxing. We even plan to go for lunch and drink. Is that normal? LoL.

I have only started my H journey since January. I am patience and I am not pushy. I think I am at 1:1 now and I am just waiting for that K28 Sellier Noir GHW. I was told that it’s “coming soon” so hopefully it will. I haven’t bought Fine jewelry yet but I got a $6K watch.

I think when you treat your SA with respect and not treating them like you are only after them for a bag, it helps.

My SA and I text each other every week. We don’t always talk about Hermes. We talk about Netflix, boyfriends, and work. I share funny YouTube videos of bloggers unboxing. We even plan to go for lunch and drink. Is that normal? LoL.

I have only started my H journey since January. I am patience and I am not pushy. I think I am at 1:1 now and I am just waiting for that K28 Sellier Noir GHW. I was told that it’s “coming soon” so hopefully it will. I haven’t bought Fine jewelry yet but I got a $6K watch.

I think when you treat your SA with respect and not treating them like you are only after them for a bag, it helps.

It’s pretty cool that you can go for lunch and drinks with your SA. In most places there are rules forbidding Hermés SAs from socializing with their clients outside of work.

I just started my Hermes journey and I am not in a rush to buy a B or K (not in the near future) but I do like to get a wallet, the picotin or normal sized lindy, the bangles (I still don’t understand why bags don’t count to spending :sad:.

I am going slow and I am definitely not visiting the boutique every other month, just wondering if the SA would ditch me?

I am pretty sure no or at least no good SA would ditch you. I have been down the H route for over ten years and within the first five years I bought one 90 caree and one scarf ring (in total). However, I was always treated like a regular customer with respect. Lately, my SA is actually often discouraging me from buying things that do not make me smile and prefers me to slowly build a coveted collection of things that truly make me happy over just quickly buying (and probably reselling) things from H. So take it slow and enjoy

I just started my Hermes journey and I am not in a rush to buy a B or K (not in the near future) but I do like to get a wallet, the picotin or normal sized lindy, the bangles (I still don’t understand why bags don’t count to spending :sad:.

I am going slow and I am definitely not visiting the boutique every other month, just wondering if the SA would ditch me?
Why would the SA ditch you? Any sale they make is money in their pocket that they didn’t have driving into work that morning. It’s better they have it than a coworker! Also, bags count less because the SA gets lower commission on them and they are easier to sell so the sale is “less appreciated”, if that makes sense. But if you ask me, in the US, all items count to some degree (ie all other things exactly equal, the person with an additional non-quota bag would “win”)

Interesting, in Europe there is no commission for the respective SA...
Which is why bags normally do count in those countries and they are generally thought to be easier countries for bags.

I believe in the US they do have commissions but normally bags still count towards prespend. Where they stop counting bags tend to be countries where competition is very fierce (lots of people are after the bags).

Regardless, non bag purchases are often welcome even in places without commission. Besides commission there are also sales target that they have to hit for different categories of goods, and some categories are obviously harder to hit than bags so they are more appreciated.

There may also be a requirement that quota bag sales can’t account for more than X of the sales one does. One number I’ve heard is 25%. So let’s say you get your clients to spend 1:1 for quota bags, that still makes you miss the target (50% is double of 25%). So they will appreciate extra spending on other stuff. Which is why I think they may actually be happy to assist people in no rush for a bag offer and just there to spend on some other stuff. Those will count and help.