Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
So maybe I'm overthinking this, maybe not. When I went in last week to pick up something on hold after work (reveal of this special piece coming soon!), my SA asked me to come back sometime when I wasn't rushing to another appointment. She wanted to go over the H swatches with me so I could see color options and different leathers. I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but is she hinting at an SO if the book of leather swatches comes out??
Also, a note to self about bringing her something the next time I drop in.

I am new to Hermes and do not have a SA. I made my first Hermes purchase in March 2017 - a Clic H bracelet. My appreciation for the brand has flourished. My first "goal" bag is a Constance. I plan to buy a Jige Clutch between now and July.

I am really introverted so building a relationship with a SA feels awkward for me. The SA who helped me in March put his business card in my bag. I emailed him today about a pocket square I'd like to get my husband as a gift. I got a quick response back that it was not available in my local store - sorry. There was no other statement of "you should come into the store and look," etc. It came across very short. I don't have a longterm buying history, but I telegraphed that I was trying to make an additional purchase. Should I just try a different (maybe friendlier) SA?

I might have had better luck if I had mentioned I want to buy the Jige Clutch, but I'm traveling to Amsterdam and Rome in July - and *I think* I can buy it cheaper there (if one is available). Advice from the Hermes veterans on the best course of action is very much appreciated!

Reactions: couturegal576
Not sure I'd mention wanting to buy a Jige if you might buy elsewhere. I'd reply back to the SA and ask if he could help locate the pocket square/have it transferred to the store or ask if there are other designs available in store that you could see. If he's short again or unresponsive, then yes I'd move on to another SA. some are unfortunately less interested in helping than others...

Last edited:
My SA went out of his way for me yesterday and I'd really like to send a little something as a token of my appreciation. What is appropriate? I don't want it to look like I'm sucking up but I also want him to like it. Any suggestions?

My SA went out of his way for me yesterday and I'd really like to send a little something as a token of my appreciation. What is appropriate? I don't want it to look like I'm sucking up but I also want him to like it. Any suggestions?

I think people have posted a number of times that any gift must be something that can be shared among all the SAs, such as candy, macarons, cupcakes, food treats of that nature. No personal gift is appropriate.

I think people have posted a number of times that any gift must be something that can be shared among all the SAs, such as candy, macarons, cupcakes, food treats of that nature. No personal gift is appropriate.
Thanks- I saw those posts but I wasn't sure if anyone had any other ideas besides food?

Yes, absolutely true. My SA won't even accept a tiny token from Paris, but she can accept the chocolates and the group seems to really like them!!

Reactions: prepster
I am new to Hermes and do not have a SA. I made my first Hermes purchase in March 2017 - a Clic H bracelet. My appreciation for the brand has flourished. My first "goal" bag is a Constance. I plan to buy a Jige Clutch between now and July.

I am really introverted so building a relationship with a SA feels awkward for me. The SA who helped me in March put his business card in my bag. I emailed him today about a pocket square I'd like to get my husband as a gift. I got a quick response back that it was not available in my local store - sorry. There was no other statement of "you should come into the store and look," etc. It came across very short. I don't have a longterm buying history, but I telegraphed that I was trying to make an additional purchase. Should I just try a different (maybe friendlier) SA?

I might have had better luck if I had mentioned I want to buy the Jige Clutch, but I'm traveling to Amsterdam and Rome in July - and *I think* I can buy it cheaper there (if one is available). Advice from the Hermes veterans on the best course of action is very much appreciated!

If he put his card in your bag and got back to you quickly, then he's a professional, and you're on your way to developing a relationship. Now you need to actually go into the store and shop with him and talk to him. If you've only bought one bracelet, you're just another customer until you start buying from him regularly. Once you have a little more history, you can do more transactions by text. He may not remember you personally, so go in. Also, men are often not as "chatty" as women by email or text. My SA (one of them) is a man and I swear he'd give one word responses if he could. But he's very friendly in person.

Last edited:
Thanks- I saw those posts but I wasn't sure if anyone had any other ideas besides food?

It may be a failure of my imagination, but the only other thing I thought of were flowers - but those would go in a break room. The SAs have been clear that they always enjoy good treats, esp chocolates. And I know from my own office that good chocolates are a huge favorite that disappear quickly!

Assortment Chocolate will be best

It may be a failure of my imagination, but the only other thing I thought of were flowers - but those would go in a break room. The SAs have been clear that they always enjoy good treats, esp chocolates. And I know from my own office that good chocolates are a huge favorite that disappear quickly!

Chocolates it is! Thanks for the advice!

If he put his card in your bag and got back to you quickly, then he's a professional, and you're on your way to developing a relationship. Now you need to actually go into the store and shop with him and talk to him. If you've only bought one bracelet, you're just another customer until you start buying from him regularly. Once you have a little more history, you can do more transactions by text. He may not remember you personally, so go in. Also, men are often not as "chatty" as women by email or text. My SA (one of them) is a man and I swear he'd give one word responses if he could. But he's very friendly in person.
Greatly appreciate the feedback! Sounds like the exact strategy I need to follow. Thank you!

Reactions: prepster
I feel like my SA forgot about me :sad: I've purchased a few things here and there and stayed true to my SA -- even though the store is across the country. I only buy things I truly love though. I "hit the jackpot" in the past, though, as this SA offered me a B as a walk in. Trouble is, I've let my SA know my future B wishlist and haven't received any phone calls. It's been a year and a half since I was offered my first bag. Do you think I'll ever be offered a bag again? I'm traveling soon and let my SA know I'll be in to purchase some goodies for my birthday, but I'm getting polite responses about setting up an appointment. Is this a good sign or not? No mention of a B in my future, though...

I feel like my SA forgot about me :sad: I've purchased a few things here and there and stayed true to my SA -- even though the store is across the country. I only buy things I truly love though. I "hit the jackpot" in the past, though, as this SA offered me a B as a walk in. Trouble is, I've let my SA know my future B wishlist and haven't received any phone calls. It's been a year and a half since I was offered my first bag. Do you think I'll ever be offered a bag again? I'm traveling soon and let my SA know I'll be in to purchase some goodies for my birthday, but I'm getting polite responses about setting up an appointment. Is this a good sign or not? No mention of a B in my future, though...

I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes emails/texts can sound cold and impersonal. Once you're in the store, I'm sure the mood will be more upbeat and attentive. I get the feeling that most SA's get tired of constant requests for B/K, and they prefer not to bring it up unnecessarily. Good luck and hope your future visit goes well. [emoji92]

Reactions: tonkamama and Nerja