Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Has anyone noticed their SA is becoming more aggressive regarding purchases? I have a very healthy pre-spend and am a regular customer across various categories. At my last visit my SA - who is a top performer in my home store - was extremely and uncharacteristically pushy. I want to chalk it up to a bad day but it was very off putting.

something might have changed in their policy in regards to comp structure, or new sales targets may have been set that your SA may not have met for this month, or they are about to be out performed by someone else, could be a variety of reasons. My Chanel store recently changed their reservation policy which resulted in my SA, who has consistently had the highest sales at that store, losing a substantial portion of potential sales due to the ineligibility of most of her clients to reserve upcoming items. At our most recent appointment, after this change took effect, she was uncharacteristically pushy.

Has anyone noticed their SA is becoming more aggressive regarding purchases? I have a very healthy pre-spend and am a regular customer across various categories. At my last visit my SA - who is a top performer in my home store - was extremely and uncharacteristically pushy. I want to chalk it up to a bad day but it was very off putting.
Interesting you mention that, my girlfriend and I were at her local H this morning and it's a different location than mine. I have accompanied her to browse for gifts she picks up for friends and family before. I dare not shop there, nor "cheat" :smile: on my SA but it's nice to see her enjoying herself, that in itself brings me joy. Today was a bit different. She was feeling a bit pushed to buy a couple of items she was not interested in. I told her that maybe it was her SA's way of "helping her get to that threshold or magical number needed to obtain an offer". She has a very healthy pre spend as is but that came to mind because of a previous experience my sister had. Sure enough, she did the math of the items that were offered to her and instead purchased a watch and a necklace of the same value amount (maybe a bit higher) that she has had on her wishlist and eyeing for quite some time. Right before ringing her up, her Sa said she had something special "she had almost forget to mention" with a sneaky grin on her face and a wink and took her to a side counter and was showing her a picture on her cell. Her face lit up and I knew it was something good. There was already a VIP in the room so we waited for her turn. I could feel the shift in the energy change and the rest of the shopping experience was more upbeat and enjoyable. While we talked, the SA shared about the high demands, the pressure of the Constance and Kelly items being considered a quota item and how that affects how people make their quota decisions. And that since she knew my friend was coming in today for her appointment, she had put this special items aside for her, hoping it was still on her wishlist of colors. Another question I would like to add is, if you (anyone reading this) were offered a Birkin or a Kelly or even a Constance in your dream color, hardware and leather but, it was stamped from the year before, still wrapped in plastic, would that affect your decision? Should that matter? Thanks for your insight in advance.:heart:

Right before ringing her up, her Sa said she had something special "she had almost forget to mention" with a sneaky grin on her face and a wink and took her to a side counter and was showing her a picture on her cell. And that since she knew my friend was coming in today for her appointment, she had put this special items aside for her, hoping it was still on her wishlist of colors. Another question I would like to add is, if you (anyone reading this) were offered a Birkin or a Kelly or even a Constance in your dream color, hardware and leather but, it was stamped from the year before, still wrapped in plastic, would that affect your decision? Should that matter? Thanks for your insight in advance.:heart:

Hm interesting, my SA has only started the appointment with "special things she set aside for me" that she thinks I might be interested in. I never quite had an experience of "I almost forgot!" after I already was purchasing things.

I don't think it matters personally? It's likely related to inefficient logistics that something is stamped from the year before. It's unlikely that it's because it's been turned down by lots of people and you're getting an unwanted or leftover or somehow subpar product, especially if you believe in the quality standards.

Reactions: Culoucou
While we talked, the SA shared about the high demands, the pressure of the Constance and Kelly items being considered a quota item and how that affects how people make their quota decisions. And that since she knew my friend was coming in today for her appointment,

I was offered a Y stamp exotic mini K in March, wrapped in plastic when I went to look at it, didn't phase me and took it.

Interesting you mention that, my girlfriend and I were at her local H this morning and it's a different location than mine. I have accompanied her to browse for gifts she picks up for friends and family before. I dare not shop there, nor "cheat" :smile: on my SA but it's nice to see her enjoying herself, that in itself brings me joy. Today was a bit different. She was feeling a bit pushed to buy a couple of items she was not interested in. I told her that maybe it was her SA's way of "helping her get to that threshold or magical number needed to obtain an offer". She has a very healthy pre spend as is but that came to mind because of a previous experience my sister had. Sure enough, she did the math of the items that were offered to her and instead purchased a watch and a necklace of the same value amount (maybe a bit higher) that she has had on her wishlist and eyeing for quite some time. Right before ringing her up, her Sa said she had something special "she had almost forget to mention" with a sneaky grin on her face and a wink and took her to a side counter and was showing her a picture on her cell. Her face lit up and I knew it was something good. There was already a VIP in the room so we waited for her turn. I could feel the shift in the energy change and the rest of the shopping experience was more upbeat and enjoyable. While we talked, the SA shared about the high demands, the pressure of the Constance and Kelly items being considered a quota item and how that affects how people make their quota decisions. And that since she knew my friend was coming in today for her appointment, she had put this special items aside for her, hoping it was still on her wishlist of colors. Another question I would like to add is, if you (anyone reading this) were offered a Birkin or a Kelly or even a Constance in your dream color, hardware and leather but, it was stamped from the year before, still wrapped in plastic, would that affect your decision? Should that matter? Thanks for your insight in advance.:heart:
I've never cared about the year, but especially with all the supply chain issues of the past two years I wouldn't even think twice about it now.

Hm interesting, my SA has only started the appointment with "special things she set aside for me" that she thinks I might be interested in. I never quite had an experience of "I almost forgot!" after I already was purchasing things.

I don't think it matters personally? It's likely related to inefficient logistics that something is stamped from the year before. It's unlikely that it's because it's been turned down by lots of people and you're getting an unwanted or leftover or somehow subpar product, especially if you believe in the quality standards.
Yes, with Covid and supply shortages and shipping delays it is completely understandable.......This is not the first time " I almost forget" with a huge sneaky grin and wink wink on her face. That is exactly what happened to my sister. The SA was completely aware my friend was coming in today and was waiting for the VIP room to be open to fit her schedule. I guess the "awkwardness" we could not put our finger on initially, was the fact the previous client in the VIP room was already running 35 minutes over time AND after my friend, there was already another VIP room appointment. We had no prior knowledge of any of that at the time of us walking in. When she said, I have a "little something" for you at the start of her appointment, we took it to mean the pegasus, only to find out later, it was a mini bag. :heart:

Yes, with Covid and supply shortages and shipping delays it is completely understandable.......This is not the first time " I almost forget" with a huge sneaky grin and wink wink on her face. That is exactly what happened to my sister. The SA was completely aware my friend was coming in today and was waiting for the VIP room to be open to fit her schedule. I guess the "awkwardness" we could not put our finger on initially, was the fact the previous client in the VIP room was already running 35 minutes over time AND after my friend, there was already another VIP room appointment. We had no prior knowledge of any of that at the time of us walking in. When she said, I have a "little something" for you at the start of her appointment, we took it to mean the pegasus, only to find out later, it was a mini bag. :heart:

Oh! Yes that makes a lot of sense!

• Love
Reactions: TheMrsoftheHB
How often do you check in with your SA if they have any goods you may like? Also, how do SAs maintain and manage wish lists? I texted my wish list to my SA but I am not sure how they keep track of each client wishes? :/) i do have a great Hermes relationship…these are just questions i am so curious to know about. TIA

Reactions: BreezyE
For those who have had an SA go on leave, how are purchases during that time usually handled? My SA didn't recommend a go-to colleague for me to contact while she's out. She said that the boutique would contact me if wishlist items came in, but I have a couple other items I'm interested in (wallet, shoes, etc.) as a father's day gift to DH. I tried emailing the boutique to ask if there's someone else I should be working with but haven't heard back yet. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: BreezyE
they “flag” it and tag it, basically with their name and mine, to show that when it arrives at our H, it belongs to my SA and it’s for me.

yes, this is how it is for me ^

were offered a Birkin or a Kelly or even a Constance in your dream color, hardware and leather but, it was stamped from the year before, still wrapped in plastic, would that affect your decision? Should that matter? Thanks for your insight in advance

IMO, it really doesnt matter so long as it is what I want. Congrats !

How often do you check in with your SA if they have any goods you may like? Also, how do SAs maintain and manage wish lists? I texted my wish list to my SA but I am not sure how they keep track of each client wishes? :/) i do have a great Hermes relationship…these are just questions i am so curious to know about. TIA

my SA updates my wishlist under my profile on her iPad, not sure if every SA does it this way.

For those who have had an SA go on leave, how are purchases during that time usually handled? My SA didn't recommend a go-to colleague for me to contact while she's out. She said that the boutique would contact me if wishlist items came in, but I have a couple other items I'm interested in (wallet, shoes, etc.) as a father's day gift to DH. I tried emailing the boutique to ask if there's someone else I should be working with but haven't heard back yet. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

apparently you can connect with the SM if your SA didn't "farm" you out to a colleague before leaving, though I heard mostly you are left out to pasture until your SA is back, because SMs are too busy with their VIP clients (unless you are a VIP, in which case just ignore everything I posted XD), and any temp SAs won't be super motivated to help since they know you won't stay their client for long.

I'm in a similar situation, except my SA is leaving the company/moving. He told me he would refer me to a new SA at the store, and I could contact them before traveling for wishlist items. I reached out one last time, but no response from my SA with a referral. I don't know what to do. Am I really held to a higher degree at this high traffic, "home" store with my purchase/QB history, or do I just find a new SA/store? It's pretty discouraging, because I feel like I'm back to square one. :hrmm: