Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Tell your SA the precise items you are interested in and ask them if they can see if any are incoming and if so, can they place your name on it. Some stores/SAs are more keen to do this for some items (shoes and RTW especially). Hotter items, such as SLGs are more difficult to reserve. It’s all dependent on how your individual store handles inventory so best to check directly wth your specific SA.

are shoes a harder to sell category too?

No, shoes are relatively easy to sell.

is it a high commission category? Is that why SAs are more keen to reserve them? I was interested in a pair of shoes once, and I did feel like my SA was extra enthusiastic about ordering them for me. I wasn’t sure if she was just really trying to be helpful, or she was just happy about me buying shoes

is it a high commission category? Is that why SAs are more keen to reserve them? I was interested in a pair of shoes once, and I did feel like my SA was extra enthusiastic about ordering them for me. I wasn’t sure if she was just really trying to be helpful, or she was just happy about me buying shoes
No, normal commission. I think they just get so many of them (relative to other items) that it’s not too much trouble to hold/source them.

I need some advice :smile:

I bought a few bags and home deco from H, I have been to there two times, the second time I have booked, however, the first SA I have met is not free, then the other came and help. they both said if I wish to visit again, can send them a message!

1. sometimes, I just want to have a look and walk around, and I know I probably may not buy anything if the colour/pattern is not my cup of tea. in this case, do you think it's good that I just walk and do not noticed them beforehand. (I also concern if I have see something I like, it will look not so polite if I bought things with another SA. Or they don't even mind?)

2. it's a silly question. I'm not so confidence with my bare foots, but I still wanted to buy a sandel or mule sometimes. I rather wear my own thin sock to try on the shoes, do you think it's weird in the shop? Since I do not own any H shoes before, will they provide a pair of socks for you to try on? it will be great if someone can share his/her experience to me.

3. I'm busy recently, if I walk in H just 30mins before they close, do you think it's not a very good time? I personally do not want to make people busy as they are almost off duty. however, in my bottom of my heart I still wanted go and have a look and see if there's anything I like :smile:

1. If you want to eventually get a quota bag, you’ll probably have to get to know one SA. Choose the one you get along with best. When you plan to shop, text your SA and say, “I plan to come in just to browse and don’t want to take up your time with an appointment just yet, but I’d like to come on a day you’re working on the chance that I do find something to buy. Can you let me know what days you’re in this week?“ Or something to that effect. Then wave and say Hi when you see her. She’ll remember you better and will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

2. No worries. You can wear your own thin sock or nylon stocking to try on shoes.

3. I would not recommend going in 30 minutes before closing very often, and if you do, only stay a few minutes. If you have never worked retail, you cannot imagine the groans of dismay when people are still browsing 10 minutes before closing. Doing that regularly will not endear you to the staff.

Tell your SA the precise items you are interested in and ask them if they can see if any are incoming and if so, can they place your name on it. Some stores/SAs are more keen to do this for some items (shoes and RTW especially). Hotter items, such as SLGs are more difficult to reserve. It’s all dependent on how your individual store handles inventory so best to check directly wth your specific SA.
Is this the same as “flagging” an item under your name?

Is this the same as “flagging” an item under your name?

Curious about this as well. A few times when I’ve asked my SA about an item the response is “I’ll let you know when we get one in” and when it does arrive the item is set aside with a sticker that has my name on it.

Other times, I feel like I’m not sure what action is being taken on my SA’s end or if I need to be specific with asking for the item to be “flagged”. I also don’t want to nag and ask for an item more than once…

From my experience. My SA will add me to a list for the item. I can see my list number. They’ll see how many are coming in and say if there’s 2 coming in and I’m on the list as #2 I get the item assigned to me and they have a specific place where the SA puts it in the back where it’s probably alphabetically organized and when the item comes it’s automatically mine when I come pay for it. If my number is #3 on the list - then I have to wait for either #1 or #2 to decline the item/not buy it. Then it is mine. Or my name moves up the list if they both buy it and more stock come in and I automatically become #1 on the list. Hope this helps.

My SA will go into my customer profile on their phone app and look up the items. From there they are able to see how many of each item is coming to the store and add my name to the list. Usually when I get to see it in the store, there's a big sticker with my name on it.

They can also see on their phone app which other stores in the US are getting the item in, and how many other people have requested it as well so you can get a sense of where you are on the list.

Yes exactly. You tell your SA the item you’re interested in, they check the app on their phone to see how many are coming into our store or any other store in transit. If it’s available to order the item online, they place the order right then and there and ship it to my door or I can arrange to pick it up another day from our store. If the system shows X amount are coming into our store already, they “flag” it and tag it, basically with their name and mine, to show that when it arrives at our H, it belongs to my SA and it’s for me. The box will show a white sticker with both our names. I have also seen a yellow handwritten tag on some of my boxes with both our names on it. Hope that helps :smile:

Hi all! I’m a very newbie regarding to H journey but I’m fortunate to met a good SA which offer me 2 non-quota bags (p18 and Evelyn) within a month. Should I make a wishlist with him for a quota bag ? Or should I wait for next few months and buy some items during that time first ? He once said for quota bags it takes years to get so I feel that I better let him know what I want asap ..

Hi all! I’m a very newbie regarding to H journey but I’m fortunate to met a good SA which offer me 2 non-quota bags (p18 and Evelyn) within a month. Should I make a wishlist with him for a quota bag ? Or should I wait for next few months and buy some items during that time first ? He once said for quota bags it takes years to get so I feel that I better let him know what I want asap ..
In the current situation with noticeable shortages, I am guessing SAs are not really taking the initiative to place wishes so I would advise you to go ahead and just express a wish for a bag in the future with no definite time frame. Patience is always appreciated.