Maintaining a H relationship

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Sep 21, 2020
Hi girls! I am getting a little "needy" here. Prolly need a little kick in the butt. I have a good relationship with my SA, and I was so fortunate to be able to buy a birkin from her last August. I hugged my bag all the way home - could not believe that I could own a birkin! Of course, now, I want a Kelly (not much surprise here). This spring, when I went in the store, I asked my SA if there was a chance I could get a Kelly this year. She said "Yes, it is possible but our stock is low right now...." She took down what I'm interested in in terms of color and leather for a Kelly. I have bought shoes, fashion jewelry, mens stuff, SLGs, and scarves from her. My SA is very responsive to my texts when I show her my interests. Yesterday, I texted to remind her that I'm interested in a Kelly, but she hasn't responded. I know I'm sounding like I just tried out for the cheerleading squad and waiting to hear back if I made the team. :drool: Should I not have texted her about a quota bag? Is inquiring about quota bags considered taboo? I'd love some insight.:eek:
I'd say it depends on how long it's been since she took your Kelly wish, and how much you've purchased since. If it's only been a couple of months and you've "only" spent $5,000 then you're texting the head of the cheerleading squad before they've even finished the tryouts :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Bereal

RunnyD

Aug 23, 2020
I'd say it depends on how long it's been since she took your Kelly wish, and how much you've purchased since. If it's only been a couple of months and you've "only" spent $5,000 then you're texting the head of the cheerleading squad before they've even finished the tryouts :biggrin:
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, only..... hahah. If she doesn't reply, I won't say anything more. Will it be awkward to approach her again in the future for other stuff?

corgimom11

Oct 5, 2017
Hi girls! I am getting a little "needy" here. Prolly need a little kick in the butt. I have a good relationship with my SA, and I was so fortunate to be able to buy a birkin from her last August. I hugged my bag all the way home - could not believe that I could own a birkin! Of course, now, I want a Kelly (not much surprise here). This spring, when I went in the store, I asked my SA if there was a chance I could get a Kelly this year. She said "Yes, it is possible but our stock is low right now...." She took down what I'm interested in in terms of color and leather for a Kelly. I have bought shoes, fashion jewelry, mens stuff, SLGs, and scarves from her. My SA is very responsive to my texts when I show her my interests. Yesterday, I texted to remind her that I'm interested in a Kelly, but she hasn't responded. I know I'm sounding like I just tried out for the cheerleading squad and waiting to hear back if I made the team. :drool: Should I not have texted her about a quota bag? Is inquiring about quota bags considered taboo? I'd love some insight.:eek:
All SA style are different, but in my case - mine will not discuss quota bags via text. Only in person, phone or e-mail but to be honest I would never just contact to ask where my Q bag is or say I'm interested in one, regardless of how much I've spent or when the last time I got a Q bag was. For the first bit, I would just kindly remind my SA as I purchased other items to keep an eye out for me, and also mention that via e-mail exchange very briefly but always when discussing other items/purchases. I guess I am lucky now in the sense I never really have to bring it up, my SA will ask me what I want and provide me updates/check in that I still have the same priorities. I will casually mention as we are looking at other items, e.g a pair of dark blue shoes (Oh, this would be wonderful to have a Kelly 25 in this color or similar in one day.) and that's been helpful in the past also.

In your case, your SA may not be responding because they might not be able/want to speak about Q bag via text, I would just reach out to her again status-quo about your next interest in coming in to shop or other items you are interested in. And either way, 1 day to respond - I would not freak out about it. SAs are busy and it can take time to get back to clients. I have had situations where, given appointments & other business in the store, it has taken my SA a few days to get back to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kostw and Bereal

RunnyD

Aug 23, 2020
All SA style are different, but in my case - mine will not discuss quota bags via text. Only in person, phone or e-mail but to be honest I would never just contact to ask where my Q bag is or say I'm interested in one, regardless of how much I've spent or when the last time I got a Q bag was. For the first bit, I would just kindly remind my SA as I purchased other items to keep an eye out for me, and also mention that via e-mail exchange very briefly but always when discussing other items/purchases. I guess I am lucky now in the sense I never really have to bring it up, my SA will ask me what I want and provide me updates/check in that I still have the same priorities. I will casually mention as we are looking at other items, e.g a pair of dark blue shoes (Oh, this would be wonderful to have a Kelly 25 in this color or similar in one day.) and that's been helpful in the past also.

In your case, your SA may not be responding because they might not be able/want to speak about Q bag via text, I would just reach out to her again status-quo about your next interest in coming in to shop or other items you are interested in. And either way, 1 day to respond - I would not freak out about it. SAs are busy and it can take time to get back to clients. I have had situations where, given appointments & other business in the store, it has taken my SA a few days to get back to me.
Thank you!!! You may be right. We never really know. But I really appreciate your advice. If my SA respond to tell me no, that's ok. If she doesn't respond at all, that's also cool. I won't read too much into it. If I want something in the future, I'll go in for a visit, and who knows, she may ask me about my text.

Reactions: ppmaster

yuukei

May 4, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, only..... hahah. If she doesn't reply, I won't say anything more. Will it be awkward to approach her again in the future for other stuff?
My SA didn’t reply to my message asking for updates on my wishlist, so I texted him again in a week. He still doesn’t reply on that day, but on the next I was offered a Birkin :biggrin:! So there really isn’t a rule to things. If you feel you’ve spent enough and waited long enough, I’d say ask if you want answers!

Jul 18, 2020
My SA didn’t reply to my message asking for updates on my wishlist, so I texted him again in a week. He still doesn’t reply on that day, but on the next I was offered a Birkin :biggrin:! So there really isn’t a rule to things. If you feel you’ve spent enough and waited long enough, I’d say ask if you want answers!
@RunnyD Please be cautious with the advice above, whilst it might have worked for @yuukel it could come across as pushy.

RunnyD

Aug 23, 2020
@RunnyD Please be cautious with the advice above, whilst it might have worked for @yuukel it could come across as pushy.
At this point, I don't know what to do. So I'm just going to do nothing. If my SA never responds, then she must her reasons. So I'll just find her when there's something I really like/need and hopefully, face to face, we can talk more. hehe.

Feb 22, 2020
London
You texted her yesterday.
No need to Panic-she may have a day off or be busy.
dont overthink..you're not in a dating relationship.
She is a sale associate and you are one of possibly dozens of clients messaging her daily.

WhiteBus

Nov 23, 2020
At this point, I don't know what to do. So I'm just going to do nothing. If my SA never responds, then she must her reasons. So I'll just find her when there's something I really like/need and hopefully, face to face, we can talk more. hehe.
Your self analysis in the opening two sentences of your first post is spot on; you did write that it was only yesterday when you texted your SA. So give her a chance to respond before you start assuming the worst. The common sense in this post is the way forward.

SDC2003

May 20, 2018
This may have already been covered but I can’t seem to find the answer. If your sa does a charge send for an item that isn’t at your boutique does your sa get credit? It’s looking like based on my receipts that the sa at the boutique that sent the item is getting the credit. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Meta

Metamorphosis
O.G.
Jan 20, 2007
Treasure Tower
This may have already been covered but I can’t seem to find the answer. If your sa does a charge send for an item that isn’t at your boutique does your sa get credit? It’s looking like based on my receipts that the sa at the boutique that sent the item is getting the credit. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
This was asked here earlier on this thread but also most recently answered here:
When you say from another store with another SA I’m assuming you looked at the very top of your receipt. If so, you can take a look at the lower part of the receipt that lists the item you purchased - below the item name there should be smaller prints that lists things such as tax & the item reference code as well as an SA name. Is this name your SA?

TeeCee77

Nov 15, 2015
This is the best plan. My SA also won’t respond to texts about quota bags. Just forget it happened and move on with texting only about non-quota items next time you want something. I wouldn’t sweat it.

RunnyD

Aug 23, 2020
Your self analysis in the opening two sentences of your first post is spot on; you did write that it was only yesterday when you texted your SA. So give her a chance to respond before you start assuming the worst. The common sense in this post is the way forward.
I just needed you girls to kick me in the butt and sounding out my "neediness". Haha! This is Hermes does to ya. I hear so many stories and now I'm part of it too.

• Haha
Reactions: Bereal