Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I've told this story elsewhere, but I got my first special order offer in Paris. I got into a conversation with the SA about Kellys (at that point I think I had one Birkin from the boutique and a vintage Kelly) and he asked to see my Kelly, so showed him a photo of my vintage Rouge H Box calf bag. He told me "The bag for you will not be production. We should place a special order for you."

Now, this may seem fairytale, but note what a smart move it was because....y'all know how much I have spent since :lol:

Years ago I went to a store in Europe on a weekend driving trip and met a lovely SA. This was my first time in that city and at that store. We discussed various leathers and I fell absolutely in love with an RH Box Bearn which I bought immediately. I mentioned in passing that I would really love a Birkin in RH Box with GHW but thought nothing more of it. 6 months later to my utter surprise, I received an email saying this exact bag was ready to ship to me. Now mine doesn’t have a Horseshoe stamp but I am quite sure Box bags were not exactly offered for Podium even then so I think it was likely they placed my first store SO for me without even saying anything. Store managers can make exceptions and I was super lucky and absolutely blur. I still have and treasure this bag and have not been back to that store since. I have however kept in touch with the SA who has since retired. My first proper SO was from Paris on my first meeting with my current SA who basically placed an SO for me as I didn’t buy anything and left empty handed but happy that day. That was also offered on his own volition, after he asked my ideals specs, ready in 6 months, shipped to me and received on another continent. How times have changed. :smile:

I am wondering if my SA still gets commission if the product has to be ordered from another store? Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance.
In a nutshell, depends if the transaction is processed through "your" store or the other one. If it's through your store, mostly likely yes. But it's Hermes so YMMV, as always.

Reactions: Bereal
Hi everyone
(Long post)
I would love some advice in my current situation. I’m getting back into Hermes after a 4+ year break. When I did shop, it was a small spend as I was very new & just starting my H journey when my priorities shifted to focus on becoming a mom. Now that my son is older, I’d like to get back into Hermes again.
My dilemma is this:my local store is the very competitive Beverly Hills location. My previous spend was 75% at this store, but not w the same SA. The other 25% was at the Vegas Crystals store while I was on vacation 4+ Yrs ago. My last spend was 2017 at the Beverly Hills store.

Fast forward to 2021, I’d like to start purchasing again. I received the contact info of super super nice SA at the Wynn Vegas boutique a few weeks ago. I sent her a text and she responded back immediately & was very kind & open to working with me.
I’ve asked her for several items: twillies, bag charms, fine jewelry ring that seems to be always sold out. The other items were unavailable, but She immediately had the ring transferred in & it’ll arrive at her boutique on Monday. I’ve also let her know that I’m interested in a lot of other items as well, but that I can work with her on those when I manage to make it to Vegas in the next month or two.
Because she did mention in her initial text that she would be happy to assist me & let her know whatever I’m interested in BUT that it would be easier if I can make it into the store to try on, see things etc in person vs just doing remote orders. So I wanted to let her know that I am interested to come in soon and I can do my larger spends in store & request a few smaller items via remote order. And she is very responsive to my inquiries, even small items like a twilly, to let me know they aren’t available but she will keep an eye out for me.
But I’ve had many people in my ear telling me that the Vegas boutiques have terrible stock & they give preference to their locals vs remote order clients. And that Beverly Hills is very competitive, but that they make up for it by receiving large amounts of stock. I’m not in a rush but of course I would love a Kelly or Birkin & I want a long lasting relationship. So I’ve been toying w the idea of starting over at Beverly Hills & have asked a few lovely ladies here for their SA recommendations & been kindly given a few referrals.
So while I find the Vegas SA amazing I’m not sure if it’s the best long term decision, given I’m such a novice & I’m not able to envision how each scenario may possibly play out.
just want to add, the last Beverly Hills SA I spent with was superrr dismissive & off putting. We were just making small talk with him & the topic of Birkin came up & he immediately was like “oh yeah impossible. Those are always taken by celebrities, big spenders here, if I were you I wouldn’t waste my time trying to get one from this location”and this was after we had said that I wasn’t even in the market for one anytime soon. Sooo yeah that really soured my outlook on the BH store. He was very belittling blunt & rude.
I wasn’t a long term client but my goodness we were still spending with him & we all have to start somewhere .

If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to read i Truly appreciate your time! And am open to any thoughts & advice .

sorry forgot to add this:
Regarding the ring I ordered from the Vegas SA, I’m still interested to purchase it from her regardless of which store I decide to continue with . I really appreciate her time & I also really want the ring. Just wanted to note that :smile:
If you can commit to traveling to Vegas at least once a quarter (preferably toward the end of a quarter so in March, June, Sept, Dec), I’d say make your initial trip soon. Sooner than a few months as you have planned. It seems like you’ve established a rapport with the Vegas SA and I think it’s good to carry that momentum forward by meeting in person to buy a few of your big ticket items.

If you’re willing to travel to Vegas more regularly, I don’t see much incremental benefit to finding an SA at the Beverly Hills location given what you’ve shared.

Great advice given throughout this thread.
I agree that it’s good to slow down your spending so that SAs don’t see you as someone who will spend indiscriminately just to get a quota bag. If they know you’re desperate, they’ll use your desire to fuel more sales. Like any good salesperson would tbh.

Slow down. Buy what delights you. There’s no good reason to rush. If you don’t like anything other than the B or K, buy pre loved and send it to a bag spa.

Hi girls! I am getting a little "needy" here. Prolly need a little kick in the butt. I have a good relationship with my SA, and I was so fortunate to be able to buy a birkin from her last August. I hugged my bag all the way home - could not believe that I could own a birkin! Of course, now, I want a Kelly (not much surprise here). This spring, when I went in the store, I asked my SA if there was a chance I could get a Kelly this year. She said "Yes, it is possible but our stock is low right now...." She took down what I'm interested in in terms of color and leather for a Kelly. I have bought shoes, fashion jewelry, mens stuff, SLGs, and scarves from her. My SA is very responsive to my texts when I show her my interests. Yesterday, I texted to remind her that I'm interested in a Kelly, but she hasn't responded. I know I'm sounding like I just tried out for the cheerleading squad and waiting to hear back if I made the team. :drool: Should I not have texted her about a quota bag? Is inquiring about quota bags considered taboo? I'd love some insight.:eek:

Hi girls! I am getting a little "needy" here. Prolly need a little kick in the butt. I have a good relationship with my SA, and I was so fortunate to be able to buy a birkin from her last August. I hugged my bag all the way home - could not believe that I could own a birkin! Of course, now, I want a Kelly (not much surprise here). This spring, when I went in the store, I asked my SA if there was a chance I could get a Kelly this year. She said "Yes, it is possible but our stock is low right now...." She took down what I'm interested in in terms of color and leather for a Kelly. I have bought shoes, fashion jewelry, mens stuff, SLGs, and scarves from her. My SA is very responsive to my texts when I show her my interests. Yesterday, I texted to remind her that I'm interested in a Kelly, but she hasn't responded. I know I'm sounding like I just tried out for the cheerleading squad and waiting to hear back if I made the team. :drool: Should I not have texted her about a quota bag? Is inquiring about quota bags considered taboo? I'd love some insight.:eek:

I'd say it depends on how long it's been since she took your Kelly wish, and how much you've purchased since. If it's only been a couple of months and you've "only" spent $5,000 then you're texting the head of the cheerleading squad before they've even finished the tryouts :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Bereal
I'd say it depends on how long it's been since she took your Kelly wish, and how much you've purchased since. If it's only been a couple of months and you've "only" spent $5,000 then you're texting the head of the cheerleading squad before they've even finished the tryouts :biggrin:
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, only..... hahah. If she doesn't reply, I won't say anything more. Will it be awkward to approach her again in the future for other stuff?

All SA style are different, but in my case - mine will not discuss quota bags via text. Only in person, phone or e-mail but to be honest I would never just contact to ask where my Q bag is or say I'm interested in one, regardless of how much I've spent or when the last time I got a Q bag was. For the first bit, I would just kindly remind my SA as I purchased other items to keep an eye out for me, and also mention that via e-mail exchange very briefly but always when discussing other items/purchases. I guess I am lucky now in the sense I never really have to bring it up, my SA will ask me what I want and provide me updates/check in that I still have the same priorities. I will casually mention as we are looking at other items, e.g a pair of dark blue shoes (Oh, this would be wonderful to have a Kelly 25 in this color or similar in one day.) and that's been helpful in the past also.

In your case, your SA may not be responding because they might not be able/want to speak about Q bag via text, I would just reach out to her again status-quo about your next interest in coming in to shop or other items you are interested in. And either way, 1 day to respond - I would not freak out about it. SAs are busy and it can take time to get back to clients. I have had situations where, given appointments & other business in the store, it has taken my SA a few days to get back to me.

Last edited:
All SA style are different, but in my case - mine will not discuss quota bags via text. Only in person, phone or e-mail but to be honest I would never just contact to ask where my Q bag is or say I'm interested in one, regardless of how much I've spent or when the last time I got a Q bag was. For the first bit, I would just kindly remind my SA as I purchased other items to keep an eye out for me, and also mention that via e-mail exchange very briefly but always when discussing other items/purchases. I guess I am lucky now in the sense I never really have to bring it up, my SA will ask me what I want and provide me updates/check in that I still have the same priorities. I will casually mention as we are looking at other items, e.g a pair of dark blue shoes (Oh, this would be wonderful to have a Kelly 25 in this color or similar in one day.) and that's been helpful in the past also.

In your case, your SA may not be responding because they might not be able/want to speak about Q bag via text, I would just reach out to her again status-quo about your next interest in coming in to shop or other items you are interested in. And either way, 1 day to respond - I would not freak out about it. SAs are busy and it can take time to get back to clients. I have had situations where, given appointments & other business in the store, it has taken my SA a few days to get back to me.
Thank you!!! You may be right. We never really know. But I really appreciate your advice. If my SA respond to tell me no, that's ok. If she doesn't respond at all, that's also cool. I won't read too much into it. If I want something in the future, I'll go in for a visit, and who knows, she may ask me about my text.

Reactions: ppmaster
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, only..... hahah. If she doesn't reply, I won't say anything more. Will it be awkward to approach her again in the future for other stuff?
My SA didn’t reply to my message asking for updates on my wishlist, so I texted him again in a week. He still doesn’t reply on that day, but on the next I was offered a Birkin :biggrin:! So there really isn’t a rule to things. If you feel you’ve spent enough and waited long enough, I’d say ask if you want answers!