Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
If the SA said it was ordered for you, she could mean the store has it on order and your name is put on the list for it. Anyway, when my SA suggests that she order something for me, I just wait, assured that I will get a call or email when it comes in. As has been said many times here, the stores don't know what will come in each shipment they get and can't predict a timeframe. Patience.
Thanks! To maintain the relationship I am still going to the store to pick up other items. Is it ok to keep adding things to the order list? Or should I wait for my things to come in first

Hello, just wondering how long it generally takes to receive the items once the SA tells you they have “ordered” it. I requested an item which the SA managed to “order” for me and I received it the next week however my other items have been “ordered” and I have not heard anything since.
Is it very hard work for an SA to “order” something for me and should I just try to buy whatever is in the store? I don’t want to be an annoying client who always wants stuff that isn’t available.

I'm still waiting on some stuff from january, which haven't arrived yet. I did ask once if it was impossible to get a hold on, so I'd know whether I should try and find it online (haven't seen it on there though). My SA assured my that they're still tring to get a hold of them, and that she'd let me know if its impossible. And at other occasions my SA have just informed me that theres a bigger chance of getting them on the website before even ordering them. So I'd ask them if possible. And with adding to your list; I do let my SA know of new items I'm interested in. As said earlier she either directs me to the website or orders them home - even if I'm still missing items :biggrin:

Reactions: Sexypiggy
I wouldn't "keep asking," but it doesn't hurt to bring it up once in a while. "Any idea when my X might come in?"
I'm still waiting on some stuff from january, which haven't arrived yet. I did ask once if it was impossible to get a hold on, so I'd know whether I should try and find it online (haven't seen it on there though). My SA assured my that they're still tring to get a hold of them, and that she'd let me know if its impossible. And at other occasions my SA have just informed me that theres a bigger chance of getting them on the website before even ordering them. So I'd ask them if possible. And with adding to your list; I do let my SA know of new items I'm interested in. As said earlier she either directs me to the website or orders them home - even if I'm still missing items :biggrin:

thanks everyone! I’m still getting used to my SA’s style. With other brands I feel the SAs love to recommend items and constantly send me lookbooks etc of their products. My hermes SA is not pushy at all, and is more into chatting about other things when I see her. It feels very different -not that I mind!

I’m so sorry for my question cause I recall this probably has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. Regarding store transfers - if it’s shoes and the style isn’t as expected although fit is alright is it okay to pass? I’m not sure what the etiquette is regarding store transfers in general and whether it’s a no no to decline them.

I’m so sorry for my question cause I recall this probably has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. Regarding store transfers - if it’s shoes and the style isn’t as expected although fit is alright is it okay to pass? I’m not sure what the etiquette is regarding store transfers in general and whether it’s a no no to decline them.

If they don't fit, or you don't love - decline. It's part of a normal course of business.

If they don't fit, or you don't love - decline. It's part of a normal course of business.
Thank you! I knew that was common sense to decline if it doesn’t fit as it’s just silly to buy them for the SA. I guess declining other items once in a while it’s okay with a fair reason so long as I’m not making this a habit? I haven’t actually declined anything before but certain things may appear different vs online photos.

Reactions: duggi84 and msllbl
Thank you! I knew that was common sense to decline if it doesn’t fit as it’s just silly to buy them for the SA. I guess declining other items once in a while it’s okay with a fair reason so long as I’m not making this a habit? I haven’t actually declined anything before but certain things may appear different vs online photos.

Think of it as a way of them getting to know your tastes. Over time they know what to offer and what not to offer. At least that's the way I think of it.

Perhaps also explain what about the item you don't like, such color, pattern, etc. It will help but don't be the type that is looking to waste time and masking interest as a way to spend time with the SA. I'm totally not saying you do, it's more of a hypothetical. Haha.

Definitely ok to pass, I think the general suggestion is just try to not ask for a transfer (esp. if it's a super hot item that the SA may have trouble getting the other store to agree a transfer on) unless you are quite certain about the item before seeing it. But they definitely should understand when it turns out to not work for you. As long as you aren't doing it like, every other day, it's perfectly fine to decline :smile:

This happened to me recently with RTW and shoes - SA helped transfer dress and shoes in my size, but sadly the dress didn't fit well and the shoes looked amazing but by the end of the appointment my foot was literally cramping up and so I didn't take them. I apologized a lot because I felt bad (and asked what the store was going to do with the items) but SA seemed not at all distressed and reassured me it was totally fine. Ended up buying a belt and wallet so still a productive visit for both parties. I think in the future though I will mostly try to buy things that are in stock in the boutique in my size, just to minimize stress, especially since I really don't NEED any RTW!

This happened to me recently with RTW and shoes - SA helped transfer dress and shoes in my size, but sadly the dress didn't fit well and the shoes looked amazing but by the end of the appointment my foot was literally cramping up and so I didn't take them. I apologized a lot because I felt bad (and asked what the store was going to do with the items) but SA seemed not at all distressed and reassured me it was totally fine. Ended up buying a belt and wallet so still a productive visit for both parties. I think in the future though I will mostly try to buy things that are in stock in the boutique in my size, just to minimize stress, especially since I really don't NEED any RTW!
Haha thanks! I know it’s hard when it’s things you have to try on! I’m also not yet ready to do RTW transfer either Yet so if they have it I’ll try them on, if not then that’s totally fine too (better for the wallet as well, aha)

Reactions: ardenp
Hi all! I’ve moved to New York and want to start my Hermes journey but I need your advice about SA issue, I went to Hermes Madison Avenue store by appointment and they assigned me a SA but I don’t like the personality of the salesperson,No hi no hello :smile: she was constantly complaining that “I’ve so many clients waiting for me” she was going in different departments but not willing to arrange my items. I was saying that this one is available on your website so can you order but she was in constant hurry and I didn’t get the service and delightful experience:sad: Now I am confused by how to make over the switch ? Should I? Because she said ‘I’ve to work with her 2 years to get Kelly or birkin‘.I don’t like this what do you say if I switch in same store it will effect on my profile? so I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations ? Should I change the location ( Meatpacking) altogether then which NYC location is best? I had Hopping for a B or K .I’m really just looking for a friendly and helpful SA that I can explore about the brand with! If anyone is willing to recommend an SA via DM I would greatly appreciate it! any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sorry for my English it’s not my first language:smile:

I’m sorry you’ve not had an optimal experience! Shopping should be at least pleasant and ideally enjoyable, whether at Hermes or at the grocery store... There’s no excuse for a rude SA, even when they are rushed!

Not based in NYC so I’ll let local members give their expert advice on stores, but your purchasing profile is with mostly with the store itself, not an individual SA. Have you tried requesting those items to be ordered, in writing by email?

Reactions: rkys12
I have little experience with the Hermès stores in NYC as a regular client but I think you should change your SA if you feel like he or she doesn’t offer an enjoyable experience. Remember that it’s your hard earned money that you’re spending. You should never feel rushed or made to feel like your time isn’t worth his or her service. That’s not to say that the SAs aren’t really busy, I’m sure it can be a stressful environment. But I’ve become slightly weary now of hearing about subpar service or justifying it when a customer is considering spending a large amount of money for a luxury good. Don’t let the prestige of the brand (or the pretentiousness or arrogance of a SA) intimidate you.

Maybe arrange for another appointment but with a different SA? Or perhaps also in a different NYC store?

I find it strange that this SA would also say right off the bat that you would have to “work”, i.e. spend money, with her for “two” years in order to have access to a quota bag. But I’ll let others who know the American market better than I do to chime in!

Last edited:
Ewwww no change SA immediately if you want to continue to shop at Hermes. I don't think it even matters if it's at the same store. If you make an appointment then her time should be yours for that appointment. Her attitude is not something you should be rewarding with continued patronage.

If you wish to stay at the same store, make an appointment again and if their name happens to be the one they assign to you, request another SA. If they ask (they likely won't) then you can say whatever you want then, if you want to that is. If it were me, I would say that I had an appointment with them previously and it did not seem like a good match in shopping style/didn't seem to have our objectives aligned or that you're looking for something different in an SA.

Not trying to put words in your mouth, but just brainstorming some things to say.