Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I’m not sure if rules in Australia differ, but in the USA it is extremely rare for a store to be willing to ship items without having met the client in person and have the client sign a credit card authorization form, at least before covid. It was also extremely rare to have any type of leather good (especially bags) shipped even after a well established relationship. Things may be different in your country and also may have gotten more lenient thanks to the pandemic so I suppose there is no harm in calling to ask but I would predict a disappointing reply, unfortunately. :sad: Good luck!

Thank you for your thoughts :smile: Yeah it would seem dodgy for a random person to call up with a wish list! For the Picotin I transferred the money to their bank account so at least it bypasses credit card issues. You're right, no harm in trying but I'll be prepared for a negative response!

I am so sorry that this stresses you out. I hate this. My family moves a lot- US-China-US-India-Germany in the last 6 years... I am sure we will move again and will be punished for it in terms of lux shopping (but whatevs- we get so many life experiences!).

In India in two years, I bought so much LV, they called me on my birthday. But there was no H store in the city I lived in, so I will never get "credit" for purchases. I am in an EU country where I am getting H credit and am on a B waitlist, but the game is not fun and I am considering throwing in the towel and going all reseller all the time (I just got a B35 from a reseller last month and am over the moon with it- it still sleeps next to me every night and on my desk during the day- yes, I know I am crazy). Great for those who have $$$ and live near an H store and can shop there all the time. For the rest of us, lots of research, authentication and let's change the game!

If it helps, I see Bolides often on the EU websites (not daily, but once a week or so). Maybe check in your country daily and at different hours? It is not fun and a pain, but might yield results. And no harm in asking the Picotin SA... When I asked to get on the B waitlist from the SA I bought a Bolide from, I literally said "you can say no, but I have to ask..."

And a few days ago, I shopped at an Hermès store in a different city and so no credit with my waitlist SA for my purchases... Can't win!

Think I will just go into stores and on-line for random H items, but reseller for a Birkin 30 so I can get exactly what I want in a normal timeframe.

Yeah the website is so frustrating! I've just had 2 weeks of staycation and checked the website multiple times a day with no luck :doh: But I will definitely keep trying! Good idea with how to phrase it - I will go about it that way thank you!

Yes in the US. They changed the policy late last year. Two quota bags in the whole year. Doesn't matter which months of the year. No more every 6 months Jan-Jun vs July-Dec.
May I ask where are you located? I think it depends on store and SA. I just asked my SA about my next quota bag. He told me it must be at least 6 months.

i shop with my SA at least once a month in-store as I'm super close to the boutique. my first quota offer was within a few weeks of shopping with SA but i spent quite a bit so i got exactly what i requested (K25 sellier in black w/gold hardware). in my experience, fine jewelry has been the quickest route to B/K offers (and not just any offer -- you'll get exactly whats on your wishlist assuming the color/leather/size are in production). if you are looking to get more than one quota bag, keep spending. My advice is to spread your purchases over time and visit your SA/store frequently. i'm sure everyone here has a different experience but i hope this helps.
Curious how often do you shop in store to maintain relationship with your SA?

I just started my H journey this March, followed by lockdown which wasn't helpful.

When were you guys offered quota bags after building relationship with your SA?

i shop with my SA at least once a month in-store as I'm super close to the boutique. my first quota offer was within a few weeks of shopping with SA but i spent quite a bit so i got exactly what i requested (K25 sellier in black w/gold hardware). in my experience, fine jewelry has been the quickest route to B/K offers (and not just any offer -- you'll get exactly whats on your wishlist assuming the color/leather/size are in production). if you are looking to get more than one quota bag, keep spending. My advice is to spread your purchases over time and visit your SA/store frequently. i'm sure everyone here has a different experience but i hope this helps.

TL;DR Which store is your home store? Do you get along with your SA really well? And did you find you get offered a quota bag pretty much every 6 months?

• Wow
Reactions: Sferics

Super helpful, thanks so much!!

So funny!!
The ironic part is that with a lack of patience, really the best way to get bag offers is what the quoted member recommended in her reply - buy fine jewelry!
Interestingly that's what sealed the deal for my 2nd B30 in noir togo ghw. Was told it was a greatly in demand color combo so I would have had to be patient but a H watch made it happened with a much shorter wait!

So funny!!
The ironic part is that with a lack of patience, really the best way to get bag offers is what the quoted member recommended in her reply - buy fine jewelry!

What made me actually laugh out loud was the reply saying in essence, ‘I can’t be bothered to read what you wrote previously but would you do me a favor and take time out of your day to answer another question which I may or may not bother to read? :upsidedown:

What made me actually laugh out loud was the reply saying in essence, ‘I can’t be bothered to read what you wrote previously but would you take time out of your day to answer another question which I may or may not bother to read? :upsidedown:
I really hope I misunderstood that poster but any way I look at it I can’t find a different interpretation...

That poster probably should block me now because I tend to make really long comments that they will never want to read...:no: