Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I rarely go to the stores and buy from there (online shopper here) so I don't have an SA that I have a relationship with. I heard they are very cold and standoffish? My dream is to have a K25 or K28 but I heard it's very difficult to get on the waitlist?.I'm just starting to think that preloved route is the only way.

I rarely go to the stores and buy from there (online shopper here) so I don't have an SA that I have a relationship with. I heard they are very cold and standoffish? My dream is to have a K25 or K28 but I heard it's very difficult to get on the waitlist?.I'm just starting to think that preloved route is the only way.
Nooooo! They are very nice, but you have to take your time to shop at hermes. Visit when you have plenty of free time to check things out and ask questions.

Reactions: Etriers and lxrac

You may have to go into H a few times to find a SA you click with.. it will be worth it in the long run!
Pre-loved is always an option, but the H experience in store is worthwhile, IMO

Nooooo! They are very nice, but you have to take your time to shop at hermes. Visit when you have plenty of free time to check things out and ask questions.
Thanks @ladysarah and @Love Of My Life for your words of encouragement. If you have any more tips please share or even PM me ;)
I have a couple of small things that I wanna buy at Hermes next month, I was going to buy them online but stopped myself and thinking maybe I should go to the store to get acclimated.

Thanks @ladysarah and @Love Of My Life for your words of encouragement. If you have any more tips please share or even PM me ;)
I have a couple of small things that I wanna buy at Hermes next month, I was going to buy them online but stopped myself and thinking maybe I should go to the store to get acclimated.
Go go go - and let us know here how it goes....:smile:

Reactions: Etriers and lxrac
I have been visiting my store roughly once a month or once every two months for the last 3-4 years (since I met my SA). I always purchase something each time. It has now been one month since my last visit to the store, however, prior to that, I didn't visit the store for 4 months. Due to this, my SA had called me... and asked me how I've been, if I've been out of town, and she wanted to confirm my wishlist. After the call, I went in (which I already mentioned) for a visit. During my visit, at check out, I gently asked her about my wishlist and she said she is just waiting for my color and that she really wants to offer me something.

I have not been offered anything at all this year. Do you think I should e-mail her... ? If so, what do I say? Or is that too pushy - and that I should go in for a visit instead? So that she has not forgotten about me... I just feel a little disheartened that the year is almost over and I won't be offered a quota bag this year.

I have been visiting my store roughly once a month or once every two months for the last 3-4 years (since I met my SA). I always purchase something each time. It has now been one month since my last visit to the store, however, prior to that, I didn't visit the store for 4 months. Due to this, my SA had called me... and asked me how I've been, if I've been out of town, and she wanted to confirm my wishlist. After the call, I went in (which I already mentioned) for a visit. During my visit, at check out, I gently asked her about my wishlist and she said she is just waiting for my color and that she really wants to offer me something.

I have not been offered anything at all this year. Do you think I should e-mail her... ? If so, what do I say? Or is that too pushy - and that I should go in for a visit instead? So that she has not forgotten about me... I just feel a little disheartened that the year is almost over and I won't be offered a quota bag this year.

My suggestion is to visit your SA and keep a presence. I had a similar issue to you. No quota bags all year. But I also had a very specific list. As others kept getting offers, I felt like I had been forgotten. But I remembered that I had a specific list and just getting an offer (one I would decline) really wasn’t any benefit and would just make me agonize over whether I should accept it. So, I decided to just keep visiting my SA and buy things when I love them and wait for my bag. And it worked. I just got exactly what I was looking for 2 weeks ago. So be patient. Keep reminding your SA of your list. And don’t be keen to get offers just to get them. Make sure you get the offer for THE ONE.

My suggestion is to visit your SA and keep a presence. I had a similar issue to you. No quota bags all year. But I also had a very specific list. As others kept getting offers, I felt like I had been forgotten. But I remembered that I had a specific list and just getting an offer (one I would decline) really wasn’t any benefit and would just make me agonize over whether I should accept it. So, I decided to just keep visiting my SA and buy things when I love them and wait for my bag. And it worked. I just got exactly what I was looking for 2 weeks ago. So be patient. Keep reminding your SA of your list. And don’t be keen to get offers just to get them. Make sure you get the offer for THE ONE.

Hi interesting posts above, I’ve only know my SA for a year, and recently got my first quota bag. I was just wondering Is it fairly natural for your SA to ask/assume you will be on the look out for another quota bag the following year or do you wait for her to ask? Not sure how to approach it. Thanks x

Reactions: Etriers
Hi interesting posts above, I’ve only know my SA for a year, and recently got my first quota bag. I was just wondering Is it fairly natural for your SA to ask/assume you will be on the look out for another quota bag the following year or do you wait for her to ask? Not sure how to approach it. Thanks x

Mine tells me to go in month before next semester start (so next time would be December) and update my wishlist with her. She’s also directly asked what I would be looking for next etc. So I think they assume that you are always looking for them but at the same time you probably want to remind them if you haven’t talked about it in a while, if nothing else just to confirm your wishlist has not changed (because mine does lol)

In the end like 99.9999% of the time with H, it might just depend on your SA’s style. Doesn’t hurt to go and refresh their memory and chat though :smile: I think it’s easier to bring it up too now that you have got a relationship already.

Thank you for your reply! I also debated that if I go in, I don't want to waste her time if I won't be purchasing anything. On the other hand, if I do purchase something (and I always wound up liking something!), I feel like I've already contributed enough to be offered a bag (which she has mentioned as well). I prefer to save my spendings for the next quota bag, if that makes sense. I think your spendings reset after every quota bag.

Reactions: 18eve and CMilly
I am new to Hermes. I'm curious if anyone has experience in the Bellevue, WA location. I plan to visit for the first time next month to purchase a Garden Party. I feel that's a great first Hermes bag as I have plenty of handbags from LV, etc but no totes so I think it would be a nice addition. My goal within 3 years is to have a Birkin...so if I develop a nice relationship with an SA, not a huge spender but maybe 6-8k per year on various items like a couple of bags, shoes, etc. is it reasonable to think I would get offered one? I appreciate all responses in advance. I love the brand but don't want to spend thousands upon thousands without getting my holy grail!

+

Reactions: Etriers
I am new to Hermes. I'm curious if anyone has experience in the Bellevue, WA location. I plan to visit for the first time next month to purchase a Garden Party. I feel that's a great first Hermes bag as I have plenty of handbags from LV, etc but no totes so I think it would be a nice addition. My goal within 3 years is to have a Birkin...so if I develop a nice relationship with an SA, not a huge spender but maybe 6-8k per year on various items like a couple of bags, shoes, etc. is it reasonable to think I would get offered one? I appreciate all responses in advance. I love the brand but don't want to spend thousands upon thousands without getting my holy grail!

+
H fairies are unpredictable. If you are lucky enough, you may get offered a birkin in just two or three visits. But sometimes you won't be offered one no matter how you try. It all depends on your SA and SM. Remember, when H sells a B or K to their customers, the SA has to ask SM for approval. Even your SA wants to sell a Birkin to you, you won't get it if the SM says no. Try building a relationship with your SA, be nice and kind to everyone in the store, and share your important dates and wishes with your SA (or even SM if you have that chance). If they value you as a customer, you will surely get your hands on a quota bag.