Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
So.. I’m new to Hermes and met a great SA, I stopped in the store the other day to look at bags and such but she was busy and I didn’t want to waste another SAs time so I just did a lap and went home. Anyway a mini roulis in red popped up on the website and I ordered it quickly as it was just what I wanted. But now I’m having second thoughts, should I return it and give my SA a chance to source the bag for me? I’m not after a b/k right now but still think a good relationship is important....

So.. I’m new to Hermes and met a great SA, I stopped in the store the other day to look at bags and such but she was busy and I didn’t want to waste another SAs time so I just did a lap and went home. Anyway a mini roulis in red popped up on the website and I ordered it quickly as it was just what I wanted. But now I’m having second thoughts, should I return it and give my SA a chance to source the bag for me? I’m not after a b/k right now but still think a good relationship is important....
Doubts about the bag or the fact that you bought from the website?

Hi ladies. I’m new to this relationship thing with SA:smile:
I am trying to maintain my relationship with one SA in Paris and I emailed her on Christmas and congratulated her but I never got any response. Should I be concerned or it’s a regular thing? Sorry if it’s a stupid question.
The best way to build a relationship with a SA in the early stages is to shop with her consistently, maybe make a purchase every couple of months to start, then having a friendly rapport will come naturally. To tell you the truth the SA's in Paris are extremely busy and serve dozens of people a day; she might not remember you if she's only sold you one or two things.

I love the bag, it’s perfect!! But I feel guilty buying such a big ticket item off the website when a store could have gotten commission from it; realistically I don’t need it right now (does anyone?) and could wait if my store was able to get one..

Whether the store gets commission or not, is not your concern.
Just because your preferred SA was busy you chose not to shop in the store - had you really been concerned about the store losing commission you would have chosen to shop with any SA who might be free.
It was serendipitous that a bag you wanted appeared on the website. Had you left it longer it might have been snapped up by someone else with eagle eyes. Had you thought, 'Oh, that bag I want is available. I'll go into the store and see if my SA can get one for me.' You might well not have the bag now, nor have any immediate likelihood of getting that bag.
Inventory available to the walk in stores is not the same as that available on the web site. They are two independent arms of the Hermes business.

It really is important that you get the right mind set: you are the customer; Hermes is there to sell you what you want - be it in store or on line.

Of course we like to support our favourite stores and SAs, but that should not be the driving force of our buying habits.
If your motivation is to incur favour and get offered hard to source items - it often ends in disappointment and frustration.

Whether the store gets commission or not, is not your concern.
Just because your preferred SA was busy you chose not to shop in the store - had you really been concerned about the store losing commission you would have chosen to shop with any SA who might be free.
It was serendipitous that a bag you wanted appeared on the website. Had you left it longer it might have been snapped up by someone else with eagle eyes. Had you thought, 'Oh, that bag I want is available. I'll go into the store and see if my SA can get one for me.' You might well not have the bag now, nor have any immediate likelihood of getting that bag.
Inventory available to the walk in stores is not the same as that available on the web site. They are two independent arms of the Hermes business.

It really is important that you get the right mind set: you are the customer; Hermes is there to sell you what you want - be it in store or on line.

Of course we like to support our favourite stores and SAs, but that should not be the driving force of our buying habits.
If your motivation is to incur favour and get offered hard to source items - it often ends in disappointment and frustration.
Ah! You’re right! Thanks for knocking some sense into me!

After hearing in my local store that the next bag I can probably get is in 2 years because they changed their policy, I’m kinda desperate finding a nice SA even if it’s in another country:smile:

Exactly. Being desperate leads to disappointment and stops you allowing an association with an SA or boutique to develop naturally.
Please note I avoided 'relationship'. Although it commonly used, it carries too much emotional baggage leading to words like betrayal: the client being/feeling unfaithful if he/she shops in another boutique, online or, heaven forbid, with another SA in the same store because the regular SA was not available; the SA not responding to calls, failing to get what you want, or again, heaven forbid, leaving the store without telling you after you have spend 1000s with her/him.

There is a recent YouTube video by purseonfleek describing what she calls 'revolving door sales associates' with her SAs either leaving or being promoted. She has a happy outcome and I must emphasis she is not complaining or whinging, but just explaining how it had been for her.

Solday
ah Sweden, so your choices are a little restricted!
I can understand your wish to have an SA in Paris who knows you.
If you read the Paris shopping thread you should get the idea that you have as good a chance as anyone with the appointment system - and that can be quite good.

If you have contact with an SA there, I would contact him/her when you are able to visit Paris in the hope that he/she might be able to help you with what you want. That will keep the association going, I doubt it will help jump the appointment system for Bs, Cs or Ks.
But when you are there you might be lucky and get the question, "is there anything else that I can help you with?'
I would not waste an SAs time with social messages unless you know them really well.