Mailing an LV from Europe to Australia

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys,

Im about to get my second LV purchased for me by my brother who lives in Europe and was wondering if you guys think that it would be safe to post it from Europe to Australia? It would be insured of course and we would declare it properly through customs etc. I think I have an irrational fear that it could be switched for a fake somewhere along the line. Has anyone here ever had a bag posted internationally to them?

Thanks for your help.

2. I've had a few items posted from UK and the US and it's all been fine! Just make sure it includes tracking number - so you know where it is at all times! And it usually takes 2 days to come out of customs for Australia.. but may take longer due to customs/taxable items?

Wish I had a nice brother in Europe :smile: Goodluck!

3. I mailed lots of LV to the states while living in Europe and never had any problems at all (I know that is not the exact scenario you are talking about but hopefully it will help you feel better about it).

4. Thanks, it does make me feel better. I'm just so worried it won't turn up or get stolen. Any idea how long in total it would take for it to get here?