Mail delivery service stole my Damier Speedy 30!

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Sad but true ... I purchased a gorgeous LV Damier Speedy 30 from a friend. She sent it to me via USPS, insured, signature confirmation. Our 3rd party delivery service signed for the box on Monday. They are responsible for taking all mail from the mail room to all the different floors in the building. Guess what? The box disappeared after they signed for it. :crybaby: :cursing:

USPS isn't responsible for it since someone signed for it. Thankfully, I paid for it with Amex. I had to file a police report and also a theft report with the office building's management, but at least it looks like I'll get my money back after I submit everything to Amex.

Some people have NO shame! It's not like the box was labeled something like "Expensive purse inside, please take me!" They actually had to have the nerve to open the box to see what might be inside. Sheesh ...

If the purse doesn't show up, I'll be looking for my new Damier!

I am so sorry that happened to you! I believe my mail person stole my two Coach bags that never got delievered to my house. It is really sad that even with all the insurance and sig. confirmation that it got stolen. Hope it works out.

How pathetic that someone would steal a potential Christmas present!! I mean geesh, that could have been for your Mom or something.

I am so sorry this happened to you!

Another one will be out there for you and AmEx is amazing in these situations so hopefully you will get reimbursed no hassle.

On a related note, my DH bought my Mom a Chloe paddy for Christmas. It came sig required while we were out so I had to go to the post office to get it. When I handed the tag at the pick up window the gal took it and was gone for like 15 minutes.

When she returned to the window without the box I started getting nervous. She told me she couldn't find it and that I should wait for them to locate it. I told her in no uncertain terms that I was simply NOT LEAVING until they found the box. She came back and told me her manager would call me later. I repeated again that I was not going anywhere and asked to speakt to this manager immediately.

She left again, and literally 10 seconds later came back with my box, and said "here, now you don't need to see the manager".

I am convinced that if I had not demanded my box she would have kept the package. It was obvious she knew excactly where it was and was able to retrieve it instantly.

Sometimes I can't believe human nature.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!!!

Omg I hope they figure out who took your purse, couldn't they from the signature?? That's horrible, they should be fired!

I am really sorry you didn't get your speedy, but at least you get your $ back!