Maiden or married name?

gatchie

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
I've been happily married for three years this coming 27th of January :smile: and DH wants to buy me a something nice for our anniversary & valentine's (awww!). I'm thinking of getting a mon mono item (not sure if it'll be an SLG or a bag... Or both).

Anyway, I have a hyphenated married name 'G-W'. My maiden name initials are: LBG. But I could also do my married initials: LGW. I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is about this either...?

So I'd like to hear from the lovely folks here at TPF. Are you engaged, married, and even formerly married...? Do you hotstamp/customize your items at all? If so, which initials do you use?

TIA!

lshcat said:
LGW. Why would you put your former name on them? Unless you plan to divorce soon and go back to using it. ;) Congrats on the anniversary!

HAHA! No, definitely no thoughts of divorce. At all :smile: i was just wondering what ya'll thought about this since I have a hyphenated last name ;)

LGW, wouldn't make sense to do your maiden name. If you are understandably really attached to your middle initial then use it but still include your married last name only. I also think when your DH sees your bag with his initial he'll be quite happy.

I like the way LGW looks. I did the same thing my first, maiden and then married name. Plus, it was my anniversary present and it seemed more appropriate to put DH's name on it.:shame:

LGW-he will see you carry it often & it will remind him you chose not to put his initial & he's buying it for your anniversary. If it means that much to you then like some of our fellow TPF'rs said, put your maiden initial in the middle. You'll both be glad you did:smile: