Mahina Stellar or Suhali Lockit?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone, I usually do not have a problem deciding on a bag, but I've been going back and forth on this for two weeks and thought I would ask your advice. This forum has been a huge source of fun and information for me and I appreciate any help you can give me.

I'm looking for a black, leather bag that I will use for many years to come and I've narrowed it down to the Suhali Lockit or the Mahina Stellar. I've always loved the Lockit and do not own anything in Suhali. DH likes the Mahina better and I love the Mahinia leather as well. The Mahina Stellar seems lighter and it has the extra strap which is nice.

The Lockit is a classic that I think I will still like ten years from now, however it is a handheld bag and seems a bit heavy. Is this a bag that is better for business attire? I work out of my home so I don't often need a professional looking bag for meetings, etc.

Any advice for me? I do own one Mahina and love it. It's the Solare XL in taupe. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. :biggrin:

2. I would vote for Mahina, it seems to fit you better with what you wrote. I looked at a Suhali Lockit over the weekend, and was not impressed by the leather. Especially the smooth calf leather across the top. Not to mention it was brand new, and super dirty!

3. I like the Mahina better. Good luck choosing! =]

4. I have a Suhali Lockit PM and love it. Really love it. It is great both dressy or casual. I consider it LV's version of the Birkin! I find the Mahina line too casual for my lifestyle--I have tried it in the XS and a couple Ls. Neither worked. The Stellar style might work for you. It is a nice mix of not being too dressy and not too casual (like the XS and L) and would be a great bag for you. If I were favoring both, I would get the one my DH liked the best and you should too!

5. Lockit MM - no doubts!! The classiest LV bag!

6. Lockit!! This bag is both classy and casusal.
    It is TDF :love: (:

7. Lockit!! This bag is both classy and casusal.
    It is TDF :love: (:

8. Mahina

9. Thanks very much for your opinions. I'm thinking that the Lockit is a bag that I would still be carrying ten years from now. I'm not sure if that would be the case with the Mahina. I really appreciate your advice, it's giving me a lot to think about. I'm going back to the boutique on Friday to make the final choice and will post pics of the one that makes it home with me. Thanks again!

10. I agree. I have both Suhali Lockit and Mahina and I much prefer the Suhali. The leather is gorgeous and it does seem to get better in time.

11. I just got the Mahina Stellar in taupe, and LOVE it..so my vote would be that. I looked at the lockit too..but it seemed a little to "stuffy"..I'm a bit more casual! Good luck choosing.

12. No question....Mahina !!

13. Suhali Lockit MM. It's better made to me, the handles are nicer too.

14. I'm not sure which will suit you better, but I just love the Lockit, so I can't vote for anything other.

15. I would go with the Lockit...really classy and seems more durable than the stellar IMO.