Mahina Selene

axcarter

LV LaLa Land
Aug 9, 2012
Hello my loves! I can only get one bag and one SLG a year from now on as I have other things I need to spend my life on :roflmfao:
I already have the SLG I'm getting this year in mind, but as far as the bag, I'm debating on a Selene PM or MM. Do you think this bag is "trendy" or "classic?"
I'm trying to stay away from trendy pieces so any advice would help. I do plan on using this bag almost every day so that would help if this is a no-no.
:ty:

Last edited:
I've done some research on the Mahina club about this bag. There is someone with a black one in that club, she looked stunning. I love everything about this bag except for the line in the middle of the bag and the price lol. Good luck deciding.

I own the Selene PM and use it almost as an everyday bag as I love it so much!!
I only change the bag to give her a rest!! :smile:
Its very light (compared to my artsy and other leather bags) versatile (you can carry on the shoulder or cross body) and for me PM size is perfect and the style of the bag goes with everything. I would strongly recommend this bag! Good luck!!
Also I don't think the style is trendy at all!! I think its a plus because you don't see them as often as the speedy etc
Heres a pic of my selene :smile:

20130109084500800x719.jpg

Last edited:
Hello my loves! I can only get one bag and one SLG a year from now on as I have other things I need to spend my life on :roflmfao:
I already have the SLG I'm getting this year in mind, but as far as the bag, I'm debating on a Selene PM or MM. Do you think this bag is "trendy" or "classic?"
I'm trying to stay away from trendy pieces so any advice would help. I do plan on using this bag almost every day so that would help if this is a no-no.
:ty:

I think it is a beautiful classic style and not trendy at all..I love the LV perforations but it does not scream LV like mono, its just very subtle...I like now you can wear it a few different ways....I can definitely see it being a staple piece for many years and always being in style..

Last edited:
I own the Selene PM and use it almost as an everyday bag as I love it so much!!
I only change the bag to give her a rest!! :smile:
Its very light (compared to my artsy and other leather bags) versatile (you can carry on the shoulder or cross body) and for me PM size is perfect and the style of the bag goes with everything. I would strongly recommend this bag! Good luck!!
Also I don't think the style is trendy at all!! I think its a plus because you don't see them as often as the speedy etc
Heres a pic of my selene :smile:

20130109084500800x719.jpg

Thank you for the pic! :loveeyes:
Do you think there's a huge size difference between the PM and MM?
Would the MM be way too big for cross body?

I think it is a beautiful classic style and not trendy at all..I love the LV perforations but it does not scream LV like mono, its just very subtle...I like now you can wear it a few different ways....I can definitely see it being a staple piece for many years and always being in style..

Thank you friend! I'm looking into that as well! ;)

I bought Selene MM in black leather after my second daughter was born in September.
Before I bought it, I was debating it a lot. I liked the options - crossbody and shoulder bag. Plus Mahina - my first leather LV bag and what more - doesn't scream : I am LV! Wow. What I just disliked was the brown shoulder strap and glazing on the line on the front side of the bag. Anyway I bought it.
MM seemed to be a good size also for carrying all the baby stuff.
Although I tried it twice before buying, I was disappointed when I brought it home.
As a crossbody bag it looked nice, perfect, only the strap seemed to me a little thin.
But on the shoulder...! It didn't hold the shape that we know from the LV webside. It still looked like on the picture that loveyourbags posted here. Even if it was full, I didn't have it that heavy to slouch. Perhaps after some time of wearing the bag the leather could get softer, but I wasn't patient enough, esp. as I couldn't be sure that time would help. So I rather returned it. Good luck deciding!!!
It is a bag too expensive for not being satisfied and keeping it.
If you want, I can post modelling pics tomorrow.

I bought Selene MM in black leather after my second daughter was born in September.
Before I bought it, I was debating it a lot. I liked the options - crossbody and shoulder bag. Plus Mahina - my first leather LV bag and what more - doesn't scream : I am LV! Wow. What I just disliked was the brown shoulder strap and glazing on the line on the front side of the bag. Anyway I bought it.
Although I tried it twice before buying, I was disappointed when I brought it home.
As a crossbody bag it looked nice, perfect, only the strap seemed to me a little thin.
But on the shoulder...! It didn't hold the shape that we know from the LV webside. It still looked like on the picture that loveyourbags posted here. Even if it was full, I didn't have it that heavy to slouch. Perhaps after some time of wearing the bag the leather could get softer, but I wasn't patient enough, esp. as I couldn't be sure that time would help. So I rather returned it. Good luck deciding!!!
Aww sorry to hear! I know it is wayyyy too expensive not to love so I understand. Please post pics at your convenience. I appreciate your feedback!

Aww sorry to hear! I know it is wayyyy too expensive not to love so I understand. Please post pics at your convenience. I appreciate your feedback!

Hi!
Here are the promised photos.
In the picture where the bag is as a shoulder bag you can see how strange it looked behind my arm. It didn´t slouch at all - and I was having many things inside the bag.
I don´t know. Simply not a good bag for me.
Good luck and let us know how you decide about it :biggrin:
Do you have the chance to try it?

Attachments

• 1Collage.jpg
    1Collage.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,395
  • 2Collage.jpg
    2Collage.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,078
Pavla, thank you for the photos. I was almost buy this bag in Paris but then changed my mind . You are right, I don't get the slouch of this bag. for the price, you need to be really happy and satisfied with the bag.

IMHO, I don't think the bag is worth the price tag. I think it's more on the trendy side. Have you try the Mahina L? Another thing, if your getting the Selene, you have to be careful of color transfer if your wearing denim.

IMHO, I don't think the bag is worth the price tag. I think it's more on the trendy side. Have you try the Mahina L? Another thing, if your getting the Selene, you have to be careful of color transfer if your wearing denim.
I know the price is scary for this kind of bag. I think it's very beautiful but I'll have to think long and hard about it. :confused1:
I've looked into the Mahina L as well. Just keeping my options open since this is my one and only bag for the year!!

If this your one and only bag for the new year, I would get the Mahina L but it's up to you :smile:
I know the price is scary for this kind of bag. I think it's very beautiful but I'll have to think long and hard about it. :confused1:
I've looked into the Mahina L as well. Just keeping my options open since this is my one and only bag for the year!!

You do have to shape your bag to have that slouched look initially, but after a while the leather shapes itself to the slouched look.
The only negative is because the base of the bag is not that thick you cant carry bulky items in it so it wont be good as a baby bag... I have three kids myself but I use it as a "me" bag not baby bag.... :smile: