Mahina owners please help

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
Hi to all on LV forum! I took My Mahina for a walk today but then I saw marks through the bag. IT looks Like rivets are damaging the bag. Is it possible to clean this? :sad:

Attachments

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
I am guessing this happened when storing? Looks like the top of the bag folded over causing the gold hardware of the closure to rest on the leather. I would carefully get a q-tip with Blackrock conditioner on it and see if I could remove the transfer with a very light touch. You may want to message DocRide for advice. She is a leather medic.

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
I am guessing this happened when storing? Looks like the top of the bag folded over causing the gold hardware of the closure to rest on the leather. I would carefully get a q-tip with Blackrock conditioner on it and see if I could remove the transfer with a very light touch. You may want to message DocRide for advice. She is a leather medic.
Yes, this happened when storing :hrmm:.
Who is DocRide?

TC1

O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
Have you tried any leather cleaner at all?. I'm sure it will be fine..just use a small amount in the affected area.

Reactions: Pinkie*

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
Have you tried any leather cleaner at all?. I'm sure it will be fine..just use a small amount in the affected area.
No I didn't, i do not have any and I'm afraid I will ruin it.

TC1

O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
No I didn't, i do not have any and I'm afraid I will ruin it.
Well, a leather cleaner won't ruin the leather..so I'm not sure it could get worse if you just tried a small amount in that exact spot...but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Pinkie*

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
Try dish liquid mixed with water then dip a cloth in and gently rub
Don't saturate or soak the leather though
I removed rust stains this way so you might have luck!

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
Try dish liquid mixed with water then dip a cloth in and gently rub
Don't saturate or soak the leather though
I removed rust stains this way so you might have luck!
I am so afraid I will ruin it. This leather is so sensitive.

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Far away from USA :doh:
Try a search on tpf for products to use on leather. I believe there is a section dedicated to it somewhere in tpf LV. I think though u should try sticking to leather cleaners only and test in an inconspicuous area. Good luck