Mahina L vs. Mahina XL....

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
For all of those that have Mahina XL's are you planning to also get an L? I'm happy with the XL size however the L seems the perfect size. When I got the XL (which was a gift from my LV hating husband, so I'll never part with her) I was a little nervous about the size, but I think it "fits" me well. Just wondering what the consensus is on the XL vs. L? Will the XL be such a "hot" bag anymore?

Honestly I prefer the XL.. Like if you're going to go for this big sized bag, you might as well go all the way.. IRL it also looks better IMO... I'm hopefully getting the XL Mordore this week.. I think it's absolutely stunning! Good luck on deciding :smile:

I like them both and am planning to get an L at some point. Although they are shaped virtually identically, I think they serve different purposes. I'm in love with my XL and it's black so I think it's more casual. I am planning to get the grey L and because it's smaller, it's also more portable. It will probably be another day-to-day bag.

I have the XL in white and am getting the L in mordore in the very near future. The XL has been one of my absolute favorite bags and I'd love to have it in a slightly smaller size and different color as well. I know I'd use the heck out of both of them. I think they'll both remain hot bags :yes:.

I LOVE my XL...wear it everyday and LOVE IT but been wanting to have mahina in L but definitely in different color. My dream L will be the gris color (ivory one) hope it will come out some day :graucho:

i've been waiting for this thread, actually thought about starting it myself yesterday...

i thought the L would be significantly smaller than XL but it's not! it really does look like the perfect size. my only concern is whether the drop on the L is the same as the drop on the XL, because it's a no-go if come fall/winter, the L does not fit over jackets/coats.

Also, anyone have any idea why the L is so much cheaper than the XS even though it has more material? That baffles me.

i've been waiting for this thread, actually thought about starting it myself yesterday...

i thought the L would be significantly smaller than XL but it's not! it really does look like the perfect size. my only concern is whether the drop on the L is the same as the drop on the XL, because it's a no-go if come fall/winter, the L does not fit over jackets/coats.

Also, anyone have any idea why the L is so much cheaper than the XS even though it has more material? That baffles me.

The XS has that zippered top so it requires more labor-intensive steps. :smile:

Honestly I prefer the XL.. Like if you're going to go for this big sized bag, you might as well go all the way.. IRL it also looks better IMO... I'm hopefully getting the XL Mordore this week.. I think it's absolutely stunning! Good luck on deciding :smile:

I'm going to have to retract my statement.. Today at the boutique I was playing around with the L in black and love the size.. I think I might end up getting the L in Mordore instead of XL.. !!!

I'm going to have to retract my statement.. Today at the boutique I was playing around with the L in black and love the size.. I think I might end up getting the L in Mordore instead of XL.. !!!
I know exactly what you mean!! I originally wanted the gray in XL...but saw the mordore in L yesterday...and fell in love! They are getting the gray for me to look at...but my heart belongs to modore!..The L is also a great size...and I always go for bigger bags...:tup: