Mahina L in Mono?

Dec 11, 2006
When did they make a Mahina L in mono? I saw it in the display case at an LV store last week. It looks interesting, but I can't say I really like it because canvas is much stiffer and lacking in that smoooshiness that mahina is all about!

I'm not sure when it was made but I did see it in early Spring this year. If its the same one that you're talking about its not actually a regular mono bag - its mono canvas but with an alligator trim and leather lining. They're part of the exotics collection and at last look, it retailed at over £7000 over here. Its much smooshier than you'd think given that its mono and it is a very beautifully crafted bag but at the time they only had the XL which is way too big for me and personally I thought that the price tag was a bit much considering that most people would just recognise it to be a canvas bag (and possibly think it was a fake since few are familiar with it).

I saw this too at the store 2 weeks ago but it didn't interest me so I didn't even bother checking it out.. Maybe coz I was checking it out from afar. But it looks huge than the Mahina XL. Or maybe it just looks huge while it's inside the glass case.

I tried it on few weeks ago. Very heavy due to the leather lining. Didn't appeal to me at all. They have two versions: alligator or crocodile trim. I much prefer the all leather Mahina line.