Mahina L in Mono?

Dec 11, 2006
NYC
When did they make a Mahina L in mono? I saw it in the display case at an LV store last week. It looks interesting, but I can't say I really like it because canvas is much stiffer and lacking in that smoooshiness that mahina is all about!

Aug 18, 2010
i haven't seen that. i'd love to see a picture too b/c i really cannot even visualize a bag as smooshy as the mahina l constructed from the mono canvas.

deem0nessa

O.G.
Jan 7, 2009
iirc the bags handles were of exotic skin.....not sure when it came out but its been awhile for the one im thinking of....someone did post pics of it here

cupcakequeen

Jun 15, 2010
London
I'm not sure when it was made but I did see it in early Spring this year. If its the same one that you're talking about its not actually a regular mono bag - its mono canvas but with an alligator trim and leather lining. They're part of the exotics collection and at last look, it retailed at over £7000 over here. Its much smooshier than you'd think given that its mono and it is a very beautifully crafted bag but at the time they only had the XL which is way too big for me and personally I thought that the price tag was a bit much considering that most people would just recognise it to be a canvas bag (and possibly think it was a fake since few are familiar with it).

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
I've seen this bag as well in LV this summer. It is a beautiful bag with a huge price tag too.

jmaemonte

O.G.
Oct 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I saw this originally in this old thread:

Limited Edition Alligator Mahina

Unfortunately the picture of the bag is no longer available but there is still some useful information regarding the bag available in the thread. I remember seeing the picture and the bag was really beautiful! HTH!

Dec 11, 2006
NYC
Hmm I wonder if there were really only 20 made if some people are saying they still see one in their stores. It was def interesting but not my cup of tea (esp not for $10k!)

tessa06

Nov 16, 2010
I saw this too at the store 2 weeks ago but it didn't interest me so I didn't even bother checking it out.. Maybe coz I was checking it out from afar. But it looks huge than the Mahina XL. Or maybe it just looks huge while it's inside the glass case.

axewoman

O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I tried it on few weeks ago. Very heavy due to the leather lining. Didn't appeal to me at all. They have two versions: alligator or crocodile trim. I much prefer the all leather Mahina line.