Mahina Hina Magnet repair

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have read that a lot of people say their Mahina Hina PM or MM magnet does not stay closed. Mine stayed close so I really didn’t know what they were talking about until I got a second Mahina Hina MM that did not stay closed. The magnet used to be smaller and weaker but they have rectified this situation, and you can send your bag off for repair. Sadly, I had to say goodbye temporarily to my beautiful black Mahina Hina MM while she goes away to summer camp, hopefully to return safely in a few weeks.

I will post photos of the magnets so you can see that the new ones are just a little bit thicker and much stronger.
    New Magnet:
    BBA09868-19FB-4939-AA0D-A3DEE23F2702.jpeg

Old magnet:
    E9348B0E-BC03-4124-865A-A55610CB0EF1.jpeg

Photos of the fraternal twin sisters. I like them cinched in versus open. The leather on the cream one is much more structured. The black one is only a few months old but so soft it wants to fall over.
    9DD6B0FC-8B7B-4EF3-AB55-1B5618FE3385.jpeg 5D14494F-4A2D-4BAA-BA14-F4CC226B18A6.jpeg

And here is what they look like open: 2E4E9B33-2B53-4761-9AF4-386C5DBC1EEE.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. I received an email stating my black mahina hina has been repaired and is on her way back to me!

3. I just got a call from LV stating my bag was deemed defective so I get a credit. I went ahead and ordered another of the exact same - a black mahina hina MM tote. I debated whether to order a capucine, but I think it is less practical. So many choices - it was a tough decision!!

bagaholic1, vinbenphon1 and gagabag like this.
  4. This bag is so gorgeous. Can it be worn on the shoulder with the handles? Mod shots would be great if you have time.

5. #5 Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Yes I can wear the tote on my shoulder. I can post mod shots of the cream that I have, but they have to order the black.

I don’t own a Neverfull, so when I found this style, I thought it fits the same needs but in a dressier different way.

bagaholic1 and vinbenphon1 like this.
  6. I literally threw on a summer beach dress with a sweater over it for photos so please excuse my overall look. I was lounging at home in sleep attire after a busy week of work and family. I am 5’3” or 160 cm. 8697D4DB-4408-49A7-B70F-F939322E90FE.jpeg 047FF29F-F6FF-4AD9-9B04-5817CF3E1040.jpeg 66136EFD-B42F-40ED-BB49-B04E02ACE966.jpeg C3DF7A38-09EA-4D28-92CF-00A916E80893.jpeg

jayjay77, vinbenphon1, Croker and 3 others like this.
  7. vinbenphon1 likes this.
  8. Lovely on you! I wonder how much smaller is the PM size..? Not sure why we don’t have the MM size in AU...

vinbenphon1 likes this.
  9. Thank you! I had the PM size at one point. It is impossible to shoulder carry - the straps are too short. Also, it has a funny shape when you try to snap it shut.

vinbenphon1 and gagabag like this.
  10. 5B665FFB-C4DD-44DA-B281-4988DC33E8A9.jpeg
    Thank you! I may have to rule it out... This photo looks good though, but I trust the thoughts of those who had/have it more... so thank you!

vinbenphon1 likes this.
  11. Thanks so much. It looks amazing on you. I don’t own Neverful either, prefer leather, but love totes. I never really considered this bag. Beautiful.

12. I just noticed that too. I went looking for it after seeing @gettinpurseonal pics. Ugh.

gagabag and gettinpurseonal like this.
  13. I tried the pm in store. It is tiny, and awkward to carry.

gagabag likes this.
  14. Yes, it is so cute! But as vinbenphon1 said, it is difficult to contort into the hobo shape, and really no way to carry it by the tiny handles. It’s easier to wear crossbody, but difficult to get closed into the right format each time.

gagabag likes this.
  15. Thank you, both! Will give it a pass then! My hunt continues for a mahina...